Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bullittgirl is back and posting!! But that's not what I want to tell you.

While my computer wasn't working, my mom came to visit. (Just before Halloween if you care.) She flew in and it was the first time I had gone to the airport since 9/11 so I wasn't really sure what to expect. I knew if you want to park your car they search it so I allowed plenty of time for that. So I pull up to the checkpoint in the Bullitt and the man comes up to me and says "Is this a Bullitt?" He talks to me for maybe 2 minutes about my car, checks out all the details, etc. I finally say to him, do you need to search my car? He tells me to open up my trunk. He looks in there for all of 1/2 second, shuts it and sends me on my way.

·
Registered
509 Posts
He knew a true American when he saw one. I bet it was your smile :) :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kfengler on 2001-11-14 08:24 ]</font>

·
Registered
586 Posts
I believe that proven ownership of a Bullitt should afford each of us the higest level of security clearance. Just look under the hood for the sticker.

You've simply GOT to be an American to chose a Bullitt!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that you've simply Got to be an Americian to own a Bullitt. I guess I have to sell it ASAP. Maybe I should have let my dealer know before hand that I am Canadian.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well, lets hope that any would be terrorists don't read this post..They might just start using our car as the gateway to terrorism passes. Yike!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
That's right. In fact.. I'm both Canadian AND American!

Brian

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kfengler on 2001-11-14 15:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
the way i look at it all of us are humans and everyone should have rights, unfortunatly not everyone does have rights. and it is sad that there are people who take the life of others. thats a story i care not to get into. anyways luky you didnt come through a check point while i was working, I would have been talking for hours, ok maybe 15 min

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am deeply offended by the idea that Canadians are Americians. To even suggest that just proves the posters' ignorance.
I am not, never have been, nor ever will be an Americian.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
North Americans..... if I rememeber my geography class from 1965 and Sister Mary Francis, Canada was included in North America. Did something change and no one tell me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-17 10:18 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-14 17:24, Bullitt1447 wrote:
I am deeply offended by the idea that Canadians are Americians. To even suggest that just proves the posters' ignorance.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess you don't live in North America? :???:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I can understand not wanting to be called an American when you are a canadian, but being deeply offended by the statement might be a little over board, eh?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
You might also want to consider moving if America is so offensive to you.. I see that you are only few miles away from the offensive state of Washington.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
Hey now llama! You are hitting too close to my home now! (Just kidding)..... And South America; is that America too?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Its a joke at our office that Canada is the 51st state that pays more tax! Most of our seasonal american patients get a kick out of that. In all fairness, the border is there only in a political sense, and both americans and canadians got the same point of view on things. 09/11/01 affected us not only on a political and financial level, but personal as well.
And we also enjoy loud fast cars, and most of us watch AMERICAN Muscle Magazine on Speedvision.
One thing we do have over our southern brothers though is Back Bacon on most of our restaurant menus. Darn good stuff!

Beers,

Paul

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-14 17:24, Bullitt1447 wrote:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

If you’re soo "deeply offended", why did you even buy an AMERICAN car?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I waited this long to reply to my offended neighbor to the north, because I didn't want to get in trouble again. I do want to put in my 2 cents worth and agree with most of you. You are enjoying an american car, most likely you're shopping at Safeway for american products and you might even sneak across the border occasionally to get away from the high prices in B.C. So please don't berate us Americans for being patriotic and including our neighbors to the north in that. Fortunately most of you do feel american, as you should. The continent is only divided by an invisible line across the 49th parallell.( feel free to correct my spelling, 1853 :smile: )

1 - 20 of 29 Posts