Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Gotta love the Bullitt

2K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  BB00797 
#1 ·
Bullittgirl is back and posting!! But that's not what I want to tell you.

While my computer wasn't working, my mom came to visit. (Just before Halloween if you care.) She flew in and it was the first time I had gone to the airport since 9/11 so I wasn't really sure what to expect. I knew if you want to park your car they search it so I allowed plenty of time for that. So I pull up to the checkpoint in the Bullitt and the man comes up to me and says "Is this a Bullitt?" He talks to me for maybe 2 minutes about my car, checks out all the details, etc. I finally say to him, do you need to search my car? He tells me to open up my trunk. He looks in there for all of 1/2 second, shuts it and sends me on my way.

#5 ·
Well, lets hope that any would be terrorists don't read this post..They might just start using our car as the gateway to terrorism passes. Yike!!

#8 ·
That's right. In fact.. I'm both Canadian AND American!

Brian

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kfengler on 2001-11-14 15:25 ]</font>

#9 ·
the way i look at it all of us are humans and everyone should have rights, unfortunatly not everyone does have rights. and it is sad that there are people who take the life of others. thats a story i care not to get into. anyways luky you didnt come through a check point while i was working, I would have been talking for hours, ok maybe 15 min

#12 ·
North Americans..... if I rememeber my geography class from 1965 and Sister Mary Francis, Canada was included in North America. Did something change and no one tell me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-17 10:18 ]</font>

#13 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-14 17:24, Bullitt1447 wrote:
I am deeply offended by the idea that Canadians are Americians. To even suggest that just proves the posters' ignorance.
I am not, never have been, nor ever will be an Americian.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess you don't live in North America? :???:

#18 ·
Its a joke at our office that Canada is the 51st state that pays more tax! Most of our seasonal american patients get a kick out of that. In all fairness, the border is there only in a political sense, and both americans and canadians got the same point of view on things. 09/11/01 affected us not only on a political and financial level, but personal as well.
And we also enjoy loud fast cars, and most of us watch AMERICAN Muscle Magazine on Speedvision.
One thing we do have over our southern brothers though is Back Bacon on most of our restaurant menus. Darn good stuff!

Beers,

Paul

#19 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-14 17:24, Bullitt1447 wrote:
I am deeply offended by the idea that Canadians are Americians. To even suggest that just proves the posters' ignorance.
I am not, never have been, nor ever will be an Americian.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

If you’re soo "deeply offended", why did you even buy an AMERICAN car?

#20 ·
I waited this long to reply to my offended neighbor to the north, because I didn't want to get in trouble again. I do want to put in my 2 cents worth and agree with most of you. You are enjoying an american car, most likely you're shopping at Safeway for american products and you might even sneak across the border occasionally to get away from the high prices in B.C. So please don't berate us Americans for being patriotic and including our neighbors to the north in that. Fortunately most of you do feel american, as you should. The continent is only divided by an invisible line across the 49th parallell.( feel free to correct my spelling, 1853 :smile: )

#22 ·
I don't really understand the "can't we all just get along" theory. If someone takes the time to write an inflammatory post, why should we tip toe around and kiss their a**. I'm not talking about profanity or violent replies, just lively discussion.

If our forefathers had "just gotten along" we'd all still be speaking with a British accent. Not that that's a bad thing. (remember the Seinfeld show about George and Jerry accused of being gay?)

PS: This post was not intended to offend anyone or slur any racial, ethnic or personal life choice individual or group. (Do you think that disclaimer is enough to keep the ACLU off my back?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crs2879 on 2001-11-16 15:56 ]</font>

#23 ·
Cant control myself.

Born in Windsor Ontario Live next door in LaSalle. Work in Detroit. Makeing large american dollars. 98% of my friends love the USA I do also. Back bacon is also called pemiel bacon kind of a ham with pemiel around it. Probably the best bacon you ever had. Lots of us americans My personal opion is only north americans are americans Have a great sense of humour. Even if I was taught to spell colour wrong that doesn't mean we don't love you guys. And don't let a few attitudes reflect on the rest of the group. I don't like some Canadians as well. Thats life.

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

we all do get along
some people are just nasty and opinonated
ok I can't spell I'm Canadian

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jjrocks on 2001-11-16 17:55 ]</font>

#25 ·
I seem to have started something in this forum that does not belong here.

To the people I have offended: I apologize, no harm or slight against your country or the Americian people was intended.

Yes, I buy americian products(such as the Bullitt) Yes, I think the U.S. is a great place filled with many wonderful people, Yes, I have travelled extensivly in the U.S. and have yet to have a bad experience there. Because I believed in the cause, I also served in Vietnam at a time when many people 18-25 were heading north of the border to avoid the draft in their own country.

Yes, we do have many similarities but, we also have some basic differences(some good and some not so good).

Please do not confuse my earlier posts as anything against America or it's people.

Proud to be a Canadian

Murray

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.