Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Nice.

Can you believe someone actually asked this?

"nice but would it stand the test of time it may look ricer"

Uhmm... go buy a chevy.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Looking good. Especially for Mark's '09 Boss!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Grabber Blue is a real pastel color. Not sure how it will look in real life. With some black accents, it could work. I sure don't like that gold one in the other photos.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gold cars never sell. Funny though 1970 there was a medium gold metalic that looks very close to the new color also. The blue would look a lot better with some black accents. Maybe they are going to do a Grabber edition??

1970 Grabber Mustang

At the beginning of 1970 dealerships nationwide offered the 'Grabber' Mustang option to promote the new Grabber colors, Grabber Blue, Grabber Orange, Grabber Green or Grabber Yellow. All Grabbers were Sportsroofs with a choice of two different stripe packages. One being like the reflective '69 Boss C-stripe without the "BOSS 302" inserts. The other mimmicked the '70 stripe but started at the dual sport mirrors. This stripe had the engine designation of "302" or "351" at the leading edge of the stripe. Other features were, blackout trim paint, dog dish hub caps, trim rings and F-70 whitewall tires....a $ 148 value for only $ 83 retail. According to "Mustang by the Numbers", By Kevin Marti, there were 5120 Grabber Mustangs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Gold?:rolleyes: They tried selling that on the ZX2 a couple years ago. It didn't work then either. If I were FoMoCo I sure wouldn't waste any resources on marginal marketing and to me the Grabber thing and the gold colors are marginal. At least for the moment:yawn: . Now the Boss 302 look alike is something else:cool: . Then again they are looking at doing another Boss package anyway:bigguns: . So why not do the colors again?:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DavidMidgley said:
Gold?:rolleyes: They tried selling that on the ZX2 a couple years ago. It didn't work then either. If I were FoMoCo I sure wouldn't waste any resources on marginal marketing and to me the Grabber thing and the gold colors are marginal. At least for the moment:yawn: . Now the Boss 302 look alike is something else:cool: . Then again they are looking at doing another Boss package anyway:bigguns: . So why not do the colors again?:clap: :clap: :clap:
They did the California Special and it seems to be selling well. Basically the same, just a sticker package. Anything to create a little press is good. They may be getting ready for the Boss by bringing the color back.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Just a thought:exclaim: . You guys don't suppose that Ford will go back to painting their engines Grabber Ford Blue do you?:doubt:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts