Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grateful Bullitthead checking in. This could have been bad. The branch (log) punched through the garage roof right over the Bullitt. Hopefully home owner's insurance (USAA) will cover the roof damage but I will be grateful even if they do not. The tree of origin is not on our property so I'm not sure how that works.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Holy Sheet Colin!!!!!

That was close.

But you have a ways to go before you are as grateful as I am.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
IMHO, if it's damage to your property it's your insurance. Unless it's someone else's negligence, then they own it! But a tree...

Wind storm? I think it's USAA, or they will tell you otherwise. Maybe your deductable won't cover it and you'll have to dig down into your own pocket. Sorry man!

Looks nasty, but you can probably repair it in no time at all. Just some chipboard and shingles. :surprised I guess you'll have to head out to the Home Depot or Lowe's...

Glad it wasn't me!:neutral: Sorry it was you... :frown:

·
Registered
453 Posts
May be your neighbors responsibility. My neighbors riding mower threw a rock from their yard across the street and broke a big picture window out of my conversion van. Their homeowner's covered it. Good Luck!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I would guess it will be your neighbor paying for this, it is his tree and he is responsible.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
WOW! Everyone is having accidents!
Glad the B is OK Collin!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Collin,

I go through the same thing with my pecan limbs. 2 this summer so far. From what I understand, I think your homeowners insurance will have to cover it. It seems to me I talked to someone about it and anything over your fence line is your responsibility. Luckily for me, mine have caused no real damage, but they are my limbs falling on my property! Last year one took out a section of fence.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Axemanj3 said:
good news, cant say i can say anything good about usaa home insurance though... as soon as kitchen is fixed, they get cancelled and the car insurance too
Amazing! My brother has USAA and they have been nothing if not perfect. Even paid at a higher rate to replace his roof than State Farm did for mine or the nieghbors Allstate did for him. That was for a hail storm last spring. Bottom line we had to come up with about $2K for deductable and miscellaneous. Brother was covered all the way. And the nieghbor? Looking for another carrier...

BigBullitt- It is state by state. But, then Texas is a no fault state. Not so sure about Ohio, they are liberal about things up there. Basically no is responsible for anything...

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My brother-in-law temporarily patched the roof. What a great guy!

:smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
BigBullitt- It is state by state. But, then Texas is a no fault state. Not so sure about Ohio, they are liberal about things up there. Basically no is responsible for anything...

Typical comment from someone having no idea about what life is about in an area where people care about other people and not themselves. Better do a little research before saying people are not responsible for anything. Also should check out the different types of no-fault insurance.

·
Administrator
6,219 Posts
Whew!! Glad things were cool with the car!!

When my neighbor's tree limbs came down and crashed on our fence, my wife and I wound up having to use our insurance to pay for the repair because of "acts of nature". Our neighbor removed the limb and cut it up (great guy), but a claim was filed through homeowners to pay for the damage.

Did this come down because of weather or because of a diseased tree?

That might make a difference!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
A few pounds heavier or a longer drop and the Bullitt may have been damaged. Lucky for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts