Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it every time I drive my Bullitt there always seems to be a gravel truck ahead of me bombarding my new Bullitt with paint chipping pebbles? By the time my "new" car is a year old I'm almost certain it will be void of anything resembling paint. Thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Biff, I feel your frustration. That's why I got this Stonegard product installed. Expensive but it has saved me dozens of times.

http://www.stongardgeorgia.com/

John

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-12-08 09:30 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Same here!! I am waiting for the day when one comes out of the blue,and nails the windshield. That happened to my 85 LX,about a year ago,and the closest truck,was a pickup some 50 yards ahead...still don't know where it came from!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I agree 1000%. It seems like every day on the way to and from work I find every gravel truck on the road! I promptly downshift and blow by those guys as fast as I possibly can.

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
Gravel trucks suck...and so do "highway line
painting" trucks.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I know how you feel. I had mine for a little over a month when i cought a rock off a a construction truck who pulled out in front of me. It was a bout 3 in the am and i was on my way home. I didnt bother to stop because I was so Mad, i would have broken something, like a neck. Anyways, I end up wasing my car and the paint comes off!!!! what do you know. SO I take it to get fixed and they did a tarible job. So It has now beem in the body shop for a month. Not like i am in a hurry i will be out of the states for six months so atleast i know they will be taking there time.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Wow! Great picture of your car TrueBluebullitt. I am partial to the DHG but that sure looks good.
I am thinking about the Stonegard type of product too but wasn't sure if it would look okay. Might just go ahead after winter.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Last night, I was doing errand for my wife, when for the second time since I purchased the car in late November, a pickup truck threw a rock onto the windshield. I've driven a black on black Mercedes all my adult life and never one pebble. Every time I go out I wonder what rock will land next. I was pretty mad to say the least. But it is a car after all. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
I try to stay far back from any vehicle
when driving the Bullitt. But then some
butthead just slides in between you and
the original rock thrower. Can't really
blame him/her since the gap is so large.

Only real solution...don't drive it! NOT!
This is a hot car and needs to be driven!
JUST DO IT!

A nose cover or Stonegard can help alot!
Cleartastic works great on paint as well
as the headlights and hologram!

DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2001-12-28 23:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2001-12-29 00:12 ]</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts