Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just going over some of my client photo archives and came across some ads I produced back in 1997 for my former client Allstate Insurance. The ads were selling Motorcycle Insurance and I got to go out to scout and shoot a few ads over several weeks that year. The concept for each ad was to find a dream road that bikers would dig. Well, I dug 'em too and I thought I'd share them with you all and maybe some of you who live in Arizona, Utah or Washington State might go looking for them and enjoy the ride in your Bullitt.

The first ad was shot out on Rte. 82 between Nogales and Tombstone, Arizona. It says "Tear along dotted lines, carefully."

This next one was shot on Drycreek Road, Sedona, Arizona. It says "Drycreek Road, Sedona Arizona, 6:52 pm, Jack Kennedy, Allstate agent."

The one below was shot on Rte.129 in Anatone, South Eastern Washington near the boarders of Idaho and Oregon. This section of road is called "Rattlesnake grade." It says "Twist and shout, carefully."

This last photo was shot in Zion National Park in Utah. It was never used but a great road none the less.

Happy trails! :smile:

Carl G.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-01-17 21:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2002-01-21 15:12 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,176 Posts
ewwwwwww....That Twist and Shout road doesn't have any guard rails! SCARRRYYYY!!!

I used that first pic as my wallpaper. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vicki,

That "Twist and shout" road isn't too far from you. It's about a 2.5 hr. drive south.

Actually most of the drive is pretty spectacular. Especially the drive into Clarkston. You drive into town down a mountan road and the view is awesome.

Other awsome drives: The Sea to Sky Highway from Vancouver to Whistler, BC Canada.

The Coquihalla Highway from Vancouver to the Okanagan Valley, BC Canada

Great roads for great cars or bikes.

Anyone else have some to share and find?

:smile:

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
In new hampshire there is a few roads up north near mount weashington,it's been a few years since I have been up that way (like maybe 25) so I do not remember their names or #'s one was kamakamagus highway and the other was route 3. I used to drive thur all of that area with my 70 Boss 302... franconia notch, conway, up and down mount washington.....taking the back roads to concord...... great drive, great scenery, great people..probably the only thingI miss about the northeast besides the food... if any of our New Hampshire bullitt brothers have any pix please e-mailme or post here

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Oh my god, those pictures are beautiful!

I was going to say I can just picture driving my Bullitt on those roads, but now I don't even have to visualize it, thanks to Nasty!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Karl,

That's a cool idea. Maybe we could have a Most Awsome Drive Photo Contest. Maybe Wade or George could Donate some of their goodies as prizes?!?

Also, since you're in Idaho, you really should check out the southwestern part of the state down by Lewiston. You could easily make that trip to Rattlesnake Grade. That's one awesome drive. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
those pics and thoughts are absolutely beautiful 220, thanks for posting!!!
i hope more members get to this topic and see them!!!!
thank you

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ohhh yeahhh baby........

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-18 10:40, kfengler wrote:
Took this last year, but I'll bet it looks like that right now too! It's Bogus Basin Rd which goes up to Bogus Basin Ski Area.
I was just above the inversion/fog/clouds...

In this picture it's not ideal for the BULLITT, but with no snow... :-B </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I drove that road in #169 after the Bozeman Show, Karl.

What an absolute blast! :-B :-B :-B

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay,

Now I want to get out and drive. But 220 is tucked away 'til spring. I guess that's why I posted those pics in the first place.

You folks who live in warmer areas don't know the pain of winter.
:sad:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I would have to recommend the Beartooth Highway (212 as I recall) and the Chief Joseph Scenic Highway, both in Montana just outside Yellowstone National Park. I was a park ranger near there, and though these roads might be a little rough after the spring thaw, they offer some great scenery and fun driving. I'm itching to get my Bullitt out there. Too bad the Montanabahn is no longer. My '95 GT loved it!! :grin:

Dark Highland Green Bullitt #3618
Built: 06/26/01 Purchased: 09/20/01

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt3618 on 2002-01-19 06:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt3618 on 2002-01-19 06:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Here is the Chief Joseph Scenic Byway that I was referring to:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey 3618,

That is a great shot.

It looks like a challenging drive too.

Nasty Bob,

I bet you see some great roads all the time. It must get commonplace for you.

:smile:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts