Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the best couple of days and just wanted to share with everyone. I've been trying to sell my motorcycle for a while now and finally sold it last night. Now I can pay off a big chunk of debt and start moving forward in purchasing my first home. I graduated from college yesterday, although my diploma may be awhile before I finally get it. Had the best pre-Christmas get together ever last night with my best friends and my girlfriend. And lastly, I changed the fluid in my tranny to the Redline D4 last night as well. What a pain in the arse! I don't know how anyone else changed theirs, but I had to go through the top and pump it in from there. Unfortunately, it didn't make the dramatic difference I was hoping for. It is much smoother shifting now, but it's still not a nice shift from 1st - 2nd when cold. I really believe that the dealer missaligned something when they were putting the tranny back together. I'm gonna give it a little more time though and see how the fluid works after a weekend of driving. Either way, my Holiday is starting off better than I could have ever hoped for. On that note, Merry Christmas Bullittheads!! :grin:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Congrats and the motorcycle and college. I used to live in no. VA. and still have many ties there, I might even going back for work. Don't let the girlfriend read your post - (had a good night hung out with the girlfriend and changed tranny fluid)that's amusing.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HE HE HE. She's a good sport. :wink: She and my bud's girlfriend where inside making dinner and we were out working on my car. Drop me and Escrotumus a line if you move back to the area and we can all get together sometime.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Congrats Kurt!!! i wish you the very best with ALL your future endevors!!
you been a valuable member of this site!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
cooler King, I put mine in with one of those squeeze bottles with the one way valve and long hose. Put in the fill hole on the side. It was a pain but...... I felt improvement in 1-2 shift but did not eliminate the grind completely. It has gotten better however with miles and yours should too.Car is up for the winter now so......come on spring!

·
Registered
372 Posts
hey coolerking- you didn't happen to graduate from maryland did you? i graduated from there yesterday too and have noticed a black bullitt on campus occaisionally. is that you?

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Love the DC area. Just returned from DC yesterday. Wow, was it cold! We're hoping to get stationed back there this summer. It'd be fun to be around a few bullittheads and get together.

-Christine-

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~is from Va stationed in Ga and now I am over in Qa
Fairfax/Chantily is where I grew up. Congrats!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congratulations Kurt! Im telling you getting out of debt is the best feeling in the world. I was 18k in credit card debt and driving a 6 year old Ford Probe a little over a year ago. I decided to rent out my sisters spare room for 350 a month for one year to get out of that situation so that i could buy a house. In that year i managed to save up 30k dollars with which i paid off my credit card debt, dropped a fat down payment on the car of my dreams :wink:, and still have enough left for a rainy day. I moved into my own apartment a few months ago so saving money for a house is harder than it was while living with the sister:( I figure by fall 2002 i will be able to comfortably afford my first house. I just got a great new job with very little stress and plenty of learning opportunity so all in all things are going pretty good. I even kept the Probe to use as my grocery getter! Things are going so well lately that i sometimes think when they are going to end. I just thank the Lord for being as generous to me as he has been lately, because most folks arent nearly as lucky.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts