Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to this forum and could not find anything addressing this question. The only modification I'm considering for my HG colored Bullitt is a performance Green Filter. I think the color would add a nice under-the-hood appearance. Of course, I would keep the stock cone and set aside to reinstall for car show purpose.

Anyone consider, or even have, one of these on their Bullitt yet? If so, what size is required? They don't list the Bullitt specifically but I think they can be purchased according to size in millimeters.

http://www.greenfilterusa.com/default.html

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I have one on my '01. Of course, that doesn't help you for finding the correct size. But, it works just like a K&N, so no issues.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RCSignals said:
What makes you think we don't already have a 'performance' filter?
Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. I know the stock filter is a "performance" OEM paper filter. As such, it will have to be replaced when it gets too dirty. I just think a "Green" performance filter, which only requires occasional cleaning, might be a nice color enhancement under the hood of an already Highland Green Bullitt.

·
Registered
913 Posts
K&N has a filter tht does fit our car. Its is RE-0870 and with a little cutting it will fit, I did the install and it wasnt too bad. The section that attaches to the airmeter needs about 1 inch cut off of it and it will fit. It was $50 for the filter but Its better than paying $40 every 12,000 miles for a new one. I know people will say it fouls the airmeter and it doesnt filter as good. But between my 5.0, SVT Focus and Mustang SVO they have all had a K&N for a total of about 130,000 miles combined, 65,000 on the Focus. And never got a messed up air sensor nor was the engine damged on either car.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I e-mailed GreenFilters several weeks ago asking about a compatible filter for the Bullitt. The e-mail response I got from them was they they are working on a filter element. At the time I also e-mailed K&N and AirAid asking the same question. Basically I was told to use a universal filter like the RE-0870 which is slightly shorter but, as j0eyabs said, can be modified to fit.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just received an update from GreenFilters on the Bullitt filter they are creating. Their prototype has been completed and was just sent to Ford Racing for testing. Unfortunately the person who e-mailed me gave no ETA on when they are planning on releasing these for sale yet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Martimus said:
Just received an update from GreenFilters on the Bullitt filter they are creating. Their prototype has been completed and was just sent to Ford Racing for testing. Unfortunately the person who e-mailed me gave no ETA on when they are planning on releasing these for sale yet.
I just got a similar reply with image from Green Filter, USA. Likewise, no ETA.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Are these "Green Filter" guys the ones with the washable "synthetic paper elements (glass-fibre IIRC)", rather than mummy-bandages and oil?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Martimus said:

That is an odd looking intake bellows and MAS housing compared to ours. Maybe it's just the picture. Obviously the CAI isn't complete.

I'd like to see their prototype filter in a complete assembly.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Nice

I like these green filters. I've seen them on E-bay before. Thought about getting one. My only reservation is that I'm trying to find out who the company is that makes the so-called "OLILESS" filter.

Anybody got any information on that ... ???

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: TXBLUOVAL

·
Registered
417 Posts
RCSignals said:
That is an odd looking intake bellows and MAS housing compared to ours. Maybe it's just the picture. Obviously the CAI isn't complete.

I'd like to see their prototype filter in a complete assembly.
My guess is that they're using the Ford Racing accessory part to test with...

·
Registered
405 Posts
K&N filter Replacement

I found a K&N filter that fits without any cutting. #rf1027
Just take out the factory filter and replace it with the K&N.
It fits in the air box without doing any cutting.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you have a picture you can post of it in your air box?

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Yes I'd like to see that too?

While I've always been a fan of K&N filters I think the gree filter would be a cool addition under the hood to the "Green" Bullitt.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
08Bullitt3472 said:
I found a K&N filter that fits without any cutting. #rf1027
Just take out the factory filter and replace it with the K&N.
It fits in the air box without doing any cutting.
I notice the height of the K&N #RD1027 is only 8". Does it connect tightly enough so it won't vibrate loose. It's not long enough to fill the gap between the end of the air box and the rubber mounting cap of the OEM filter.

But since you gave me something to start with, I pulled my stock filter and its measurements are...

4" - Inside Mounting Diameter
9" - Height with rubber mounting end cap
6" - Outside Base Diameter
5" - Outside Top Diameter

Which compares to the K&N #RF1027

8" - Height
6.5" - Outside Base Diameter
4.5" - Outside Top Diameter

I checked all of the universal cones at http://www.greenfilterusa.com and found their #2349 that is a very close match to the OEM filter with these measurements...

9" - Height
6" - Outside Base Diameter
5" - Outside Top Diameter

Now I'm beginning to ask myself if I should spring for the universal Green Filter #2349 or wait until they come out with a specific replacement for the Ford paper unit?

Decisions, decisions, decisions.:smile:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Could you tell if the K & N filter helped your preformance any? If so let us know and I'll get one tomorrow....:smile: :smile:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts