Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I'd like to say hello and thank you. I've learned a lot lurking around the forum these last few days.

Second, a request for your opinion. I need to replace the 2000 V6 convertible daily driver. With Ford's employee discount pricing going on right now '08 and '09 Mustangs are looking really good right now. So I set out to find a Shelby GT to drive everyday. However, I soon found out that employee discount pricing doesn't apply to Shelby's of any flavor. But they do apply to Bullitts.

I found a 2009 Bullitt with security group (active anti-theft and locking lug nuts) and HID's as the only options (that's all I would want for my daily driver) for $29,681.41 after discount from $33,380 MSRP. Since I originally set out looking for a SGT, I had the salesman add the FRPP handling pkg (sans strut tower bar) and short throw shifter to the deal. It added $2101 including labor. After subtracting $3000 for my 2000 Mustang with 94,000 miles in ok condition the deal looks like this:

+ $29,681.41 2009 Mustang Bullitt
+ $2,101.00 FRPP Handling Pkg and short throw shifter, installed
+ $1441.00 for tax (3% in VA), tag, title and dealer prep
- $3000 2000 Mustang convertible in ok condition with 94K miles as trade in

= $30,223.41 out the door

I know the dealer's still making money, but I don't feel all that bad about the numbers. What do you all think? How much better could I do?

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
sounds pretty decent to me.... might tell them $29,500.00 out the door and see what happens , but I can pretty much bet tehy would do 30k out the door.....

and welcome to imboc

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
If its a bullitt doesnt it already have the handling package?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought my "08" in June of 2008 before all this came crashing down(economy). I paid invoice of $29,355.00 and got 4 1/2 % interest. You should be able to do better than that. You should call around and see if there are any 2008 leftovers sitting anywhere. The dealers can ship them to other dealers.
If not, I would still try and swing a better deal. They need your money. Not the other way around!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Unfortunately, I have to disagree in that I don't think something is right here....When you say MSRP, did you see the sticker on it? Here is why I ask...Our Bullitt has the equipment you list, plus Nav, Sirius Radio. That means it should list for about 2300 dollars more than yours, yet our sticker is only 1000 more than what you show for MSRP...Hmmmm....that to me says the dealer found another 1300 bucks in the deal....Oh, and we bought our Bullitt before all the economic woes, and got it for right at 30K which for argument sake is the same as the dealer wants to charge you.

Secondly, there is no way I would go 2100 bucks for the FRPP handling pak and short throw. You really do not need the handling pak, and you can do the top of the line after market shifter for 350 bucks. Even if you need it installed, maybe another 100 bucks.

This is just my opinion, but I say walk, and look more. Or, tell the dealer to drop the handling pak and shifter, and drop the price of the car to 28K.....

Good luck in your search...

Mike and Karen

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Dig-It said:
First, I'd like to say hello and thank you. I've learned a lot lurking around the forum these last few days.

Second, a request for your opinion. I need to replace the 2000 V6 convertible daily driver. With Ford's employee discount pricing going on right now '08 and '09 Mustangs are looking really good right now. So I set out to find a Shelby GT to drive everyday. However, I soon found out that employee discount pricing doesn't apply to Shelby's of any flavor. But they do apply to Bullitts.

I found a 2009 Bullitt with security group (active anti-theft and locking lug nuts) and HID's as the only options (that's all I would want for my daily driver) for $29,681.41 after discount from $33,380 MSRP. Since I originally set out looking for a SGT, I had the salesman add the FRPP handling pkg (sans strut tower bar) and short throw shifter to the deal. It added $2101 including labor. After subtracting $3000 for my 2000 Mustang with 94,000 miles in ok condition the deal looks like this:

+ $29,681.41 2009 Mustang Bullitt
+ $2,101.00 FRPP Handling Pkg and short throw shifter, installed
+ $1441.00 for tax (3% in VA), tag, title and dealer prep
- $3000 2000 Mustang convertible in ok condition with 94K miles as trade in

= $30,223.41 out the door

I know the dealer's still making money, but I don't feel all that bad about the numbers. What do you all think? How much better could I do?

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

Once You get to Employee Pricing I think You are done.

The thing I read here that has got Me-Stumped is this:

FRPP handling pkg (sans strut tower bar) and short throw shifter to the deal. It added $2101 including labor.
The Bullitt already has the Handling Package:

Next, the short throw shifter I can understand but NOT for Both things You mention for

$2,101.00 Dollars More.

I suggest You take the Bullitt for the Employee Pricing but Skip the $2,101.00 Dollar

part of the Deal.

Any Shop can install the Shifter and You can Purchase many different ones On-Line for

a Discount.

I take it You are like the Son of an Employee of Ford ???

The reason I say that I worked for dealers for a number of Yrs. and You don't come across

in this Post like You work for a Dealer.

That is NOT a Bad thing though, that is why We are here to Help You and Others that

Do-Not know how all this works.

Just as a Note here, Please, do not take anything I am saying here in this Post as Sarcasm.

I'm trying to figure out exactly what You are wanting to know and how much You do Know

and are You an Employee of a Ford dealer.

I think if You follow the direction I just suggested You will SAVE-MONEY and end up Happy

with your New 09 Bullitt.

tigerhonaker

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
GOT OATZ said:
~~You really do not need the handling pak~~
My car #2498 is at Livernois getting the M-2005-FR3 handling pak installed.
The Bullitt's suspension is more GT than Shelby.
The M-2005-FR3 handling pak is over an inch lower than the Bullitt's std.
and is the same suspension as on the Shelby GT & GTH.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the feedback so far. This is why I think forums like these are invaluable. I thought there were better deals out there and that's why I posted. Of course, I never seem to get "The Best Deal". But if I get a good one, I'll be happy.

As far as the suspensions go:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand the Bullitt has a tuned Mustang GT suspension. The ride is a bit more firm than a GT's and lowers the car approximately 6mm. The FRPP Handling package consists of larger diameter swaybars, stiffer struts and shocks, and progressive rate springs that lower the car about 1.5 inches. I'll have to drive the Bullitt again tomorrow to see if I really need the Handling Package.

Again, thanks for all of the input!

Ps. I am not related to anyone with Ford or a Ford dealership. I'm just a Mustang enthusiast keeping an eye out for the next one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GOT OATZ said:
Unfortunately, I have to disagree in that I don't think something is right here....When you say MSRP, did you see the sticker on it? Here is why I ask...Our Bullitt has the equipment you list, plus Nav, Sirius Radio. That means it should list for about 2300 dollars more than yours, yet our sticker is only 1000 more than what you show for MSRP...Hmmmm....that to me says the dealer found another 1300 bucks in the deal....Oh, and we bought our Bullitt before all the economic woes, and got it for right at 30K which for argument sake is the same as the dealer wants to charge you.
I did see the sticker. I also saw the sticker of an '08 Bullitt. The standard vehicle price for 2008 was $27,260. For 2009 it was $28,375. There's a $1,115 difference in year models just in the Mustang GT premium pricing.

·
Registered
969 Posts
walking time

i have to agree with GOT OATZ and use the tread on your shoes. i feel that you can upgrade the bullitt suspension with better parts than the frpp set up for less than they are wanting. even if you are just after the lowered look, you can still do that cheaper.

also, if you are patient, you can pick up aftermarket shifters NIB off of other mustang forums for much less than they cost new.

and i'll bet you could find a better deal on an 08 over an 09. good luck!

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Dig-It said:
......... The FRPP Handling package consists of larger diameter swaybars, stiffer struts and shocks, and progressive rate springs that lower the car about 1.5 inches. I'll have to drive the Bullitt again tomorrow to see if I really need the Handling Package.
You may not need the handling but it sure does look better.

The handling pack is $1200. The shifter is $225. That's $1425 plus tax. They want $600 to install. I think that's too much, but it will carry the warranty. I would rather have different struts and shocks than what comes stock or with the handling pack.

I would go back and offer $28k with the package or $26k without and you still get $3k for the trade. See what they say. Give 'em day to think about it if they say no.

If you are wanting one, don't buy the extended warranty from them either unless they'll sell a Ford ESP Premium 7yr/100k foir about $1300. They'll probably try to sell for $2k. I can tell you where to get the Ford warranty from a Ford dealer on the web.

Be firm and be willing to walk. They'll contact you if they really want to sell it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had an 08 GT before my Bullitt with the FRPP handling pack. Looked tough - punishing ride. The Bullitt is much more driveable everyday, in my opinion, and, you're not always worried about munching the front end on curbs, parking stoppers, etc.

·
Registered
930 Posts
While the FRRP handling pack may not be the best option out there, you will definitely need some aftermarket lowering-kit and suspension upgrade if you are looking to replicate the look and ride of the Shelby-GT.

The Bullitt has a 'slightly' firmer ride than a stock GT, but it's by no means what could be considered a 'handling-pack'...not by me anyway.
The price they quote you for the FRRP is way too much considering there are other, better options out there for a lot less - or almost the same price but much better quality.
Do a quick search on 'suspension' here and see what's available...or Call Sam Strano...he knows all about suspension on S197s...

Here are some good threads on the subject:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=447906

It's always good to do some homework first...

·
Registered
90 Posts
doesn't sound very good to me

Last time I checked the dealers in my area had new Bullitts advertised for just a tad over $26,000.00 with zero interest loans. They can hardly give them away right now, great deals to be had if you have money...

Anthony

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think you can find a new/leftover 2007 or 2008 Shelby GT for close to the same price that you are thinking of paying for the after-market equipped Bullitt.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
Bill of Ojai said:
I had an 08 GT before my Bullitt with the FRPP handling pack. Looked tough - punishing ride. The Bullitt is much more driveable everyday, in my opinion, and, you're not always worried about munching the front end on curbs, parking stoppers, etc.

i agree 100% ..... my 07 shelby gt looked great, handled like it was on rails but beat the living daylights out of me ( 60+ miles a day of dallas roads is NOT a good thing on your back )..... the BULLITT is a much better daily driver in many ways

·
Registered
162 Posts
texasbullitt said:
i agree 100% ..... my 07 shelby gt looked great, handled like it was on rails but beat the living daylights out of me ( 60+ miles a day of dallas roads is NOT a good thing on your back )..... the BULLITT is a much better daily driver in many ways
I, too, had a 2007 Shelby GT and I agree with you and Bill of Ojai.
I prefer my 2008 Bullitt.
On the other hand, why pay about the same price to try to turn a Bullitt into an SGT?

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
walc said:
I, too, had a 2007 Shelby GT and I agree with you and Bill of Ojai.
I prefer my 2008 Bullitt.
On the other hand, why pay about the same price to try to turn a Bullitt into an SGT?
Because SGT's don't come in DHG??? :lol:

I think any harshness with the FRPP is more from the shocks than springs, hence my comments regarding shocks and struts.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts