Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been viewing the site for the last year. Purchased my Bullitt #634 in January 2007 (3rd Owner).

Aloha from Hawaii.:-D

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Former Owner of 2001 DHG1557
840 Posts
Aloha from Minnesnowta!! Welcome to IMBOC!

God we love Hawaii. Been to Kaui twice, Maui twice, Big Island once, and stayed overnight on Oahu to do the tourist stuff at Pearl Harbor. We have a college friend that has been on the big island for many years in Kona.

Which island are you on and what city are you in?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome ZBullitt. I live on Oahu in Honolulu. Hawaii is great - but sometimes I wish there were more roads to drive on....arrrgghhh! I hope to ship the Bullitt up to the west coast in the future and take a road trip.

I've been to Minneapolis a few times for business - very nice city! Will post pics soon as I'm guessing I need to get my post count up first?!.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,282 Posts
huli467 said:
Will post pics soon as I'm guessing I need to get my post count up first?!.
Hi!
<---Also been to Oahu and did the tourist thing. Loved it!

To be able to post pics at IMBOC, you first need to become a supporting member. :smile: Although you can use a website like Photo Bucket to host your pics and post them here that way.

·
Former Owner of 2001 DHG1557
840 Posts
huli467 said:
Thanks for the welcome ZBullitt. I live on Oahu in Honolulu. Hawaii is great - but sometimes I wish there were more roads to drive on....arrrgghhh! I hope to ship the Bullitt up to the west coast in the future and take a road trip.

I've been to Minneapolis a few times for business - very nice city! Will post pics soon as I'm guessing I need to get my post count up first?!.
I agree with you on the road situation, especially in the last 20 years, it has gotten busy on those little islands. Last time we were on Kaui a few years ago, we rented a house north of Lihue, on a beach where Giligan's Island was evidently filmed. Unfortunately it was when Hawaii was getting all the rain and the main road going to Princeville (Hanalei Bay) was wiped out by a reservoir that broke above it and took out houses and the road. I believe 7 people were killed. We sat and watched Coast Guard planes and helicopters, National Guard planes and helicopters and some commercial aircraft fly up and down the east coast the next few days. We couldn't go north to Hanalei Bay for several days. Much talk of how they needed to have another road way to get to places. We hope next time over will be better, maybe back to Maui this time to watch the whales.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ZBullitt said:
I agree with you on the road situation, especially in the last 20 years, it has gotten busy on those little islands. Last time we were on Kaui a few years ago, we rented a house north of Lihue, on a beach where Giligan's Island was evidently filmed. Unfortunately it was when Hawaii was getting all the rain and the main road going to Princeville (Hanalei Bay) was wiped out by a reservoir that broke above it and took out houses and the road. I believe 7 people were killed. We sat and watched Coast Guard planes and helicopters, National Guard planes and helicopters and some commercial aircraft fly up and down the east coast the next few days. We couldn't go north to Hanalei Bay for several days. Much talk of how they needed to have another road way to get to places. We hope next time over will be better, maybe back to Maui this time to watch the whales.
Believe it or not, the damn that was on that resovoir was on a private property. The owner is up to his neck right now litgating his case. YIKES! The rain you talked about was the 35 straights days that Hawaii's islands saw rain. In my 25 years of living here, that was the first time anything like that has ever happened. You should've seen the potholes that opened up on almost every single road. Hawaii uses a mix of crushed coral with their asphalt = junk. This stuff doesn't adhere together well enough to make it rain proof. Therefore, having 18" or bigger wheels calls for careful driving.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TwoStangWmn said:
Hi!
<---Also been to Oahu and did the tourist thing. Loved it!

To be able to post pics at IMBOC, you first need to become a supporting member. :smile: Although you can use a website like Photo Bucket to host your pics and post them here that way.
So, how do you become a supporting member?

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
You have to pay a dues, which isnt alot. Check the other post i sent to you about honolulu. There are 2 different fees i believe.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DHGBULLITT said:
You have to pay a dues, which isnt alot. Check the other post i sent to you about honolulu. There are 2 different fees i believe.
Thanks DHGBULLITT...I just payed using PayPal!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts