Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i will probably be around the forums regularly I figure I would give you guys a formal introduction. I just bought 4330 Monday and am excited as hell about her. (Any name suggestions?). Anyways I am a car nut as most people on this forum probably are. The cars I have owned include an 82 Chevy Camaro, a 96 v6 thunderbird, a 96 Thunderbird with the 4.6l and a 97 Cougar with the same.

With that being said I am definitely not new to the 4.6l, just the bullitt intake manifold and the PI heads. Although I did put the 4.6l PI Camshafts in the 96 T-bird.

On other notes, my goals for the car are to keep her mostly stock. I plan on using her as a daily driver if I ever get rid of the work vehicle (plan on changing jobs in the near future), with the capability of going to the track on the weekends if I ever wanted to.

On that note I also have a few questions...

Do you guys use 5W-20 or the 30 weight that I believe was used on most of the NPI engines? I've read on a few forums that some people use this, some that...

Synthetic or the good ol' Motorcraft blend?

What would be a good replacement antenna? I didn't realize it was bent till I got home. (in black, possibly shorter)

All of the previous cars i had just had the standard aluminum wheels with only clear coat so i didn't really worry about the paint on them. What do you guys use to clean the stock bullitt rims with to keep from scratching and chemically ruining the paint??

Also what would be the best way to get the dealer STICKER off of the car?

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
ton6y said:
Since i will probably be around the forums regularly I figure I would give you guys a formal introduction. I just bought 4330 Monday and am excited as hell about her. (Any name suggestions?). Anyways I am a car nut as most people on this forum probably are. The cars I have owned include an 82 Chevy Camaro, a 96 v6 thunderbird, a 96 Thunderbird with the 4.6l and a 97 Cougar with the same.

With that being said I am definitely not new to the 4.6l, just the bullitt intake manifold and the PI heads. Although I did put the 4.6l PI Camshafts in the 96 T-bird.

On other notes, my goals for the car are to keep her mostly stock. I plan on using her as a daily driver if I ever get rid of the work vehicle (plan on changing jobs in the near future), with the capability of going to the track on the weekends if I ever wanted to.

On that note I also have a few questions...

Do you guys use 5W-20 or the 30 weight that I believe was used on most of the NPI engines? I've read on a few forums that some people use this, some that...

Synthetic or the good ol' Motorcraft blend?
What would be a good replacement antenna? I didn't realize it was bent till I got home. (in black, possibly shorter)

All of the previous cars i had just had the standard aluminum wheels with only clear coat so i didn't really worry about the paint on them. What do you guys use to clean the stock bullitt rims with to keep from scratching and chemically ruining the paint??

Also what would be the best way to get the dealer STICKER off of the car?
I use the blend.

I have a stock Bullitt, although some have deletes and shorties.

Maguires Detailer Spray. Spray on wipe off.

I'd think about using a hair dryer/heat gun and pull it off with my hands slowly. Although some here have used fishing line to remove badges and such...

Welcome to IMBOC!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Welcome to the boards!

Click here for antenna
Click here for what I use on my wheels (Meguiar's Quik Wheel Detailer)

I haven't had to remove a dealer sticker, but I removed the badges from my fox coupe using fishing line on a very hot day. Just slide it behind the adhesive and "saw" back and forth. Use something like Goo Gone to remove any remaining adhesive. I would also recommend heating up the emblem and adhesive with a hair dryer as David mentioned above.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I recently removed the GT emblems from the sides of 1759,and instead installed 4.6 interceptor emblems.To remove the GT emblems,I heated them up with my heat gun(I have a window tinting business here in canada,and this gun is used all the time for that.)Just be careful not to concentrate too much on one spot,as the heat is pretty intense.Then once i warmed it up ,I used an orange peeler,plastic,outta my wifes kitchen drawer.It has a fairly stiff end on it and I worked it under the badge slowly lifting it as I went along.I had no problem with scratching the paint underneath,and just used goo gone to get rid of the glue!....just a thought

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
I forgot to mention that I have used motor oil to clean off a surface of sticky stuff that is stubborn. It leaves an oily residue, of course. (Motor oil has some very good cleaning compounds in it.) But the residue comes off with car wash solution, or even liquid dish detergent. Which also cleans off the glue residue...Kind of a one, two punch to old dealer stickers and badges.:bigguns:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I'll try that with the residue left as I peeled off the sticker earlier. I didn't have anything I wanted to clean it off with.

That antennae looks great!! and its in the mail!!!:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts