Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i start my car up with the clutch fully engaged i have trouble getting in reverse. The keeps spinning i tried switching gears then going to reverse that works sometimes. I can turn the car off and put it in reverse but i dont want to have to do that. It has a new tranny and performance clutch whats wrong.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Stock transmission and stock clutch?

Either way, you probably need to adjust your clutch cable.
If it is stock, you can reach down and lift up on the clutch pedal as far as it will go. You should hear a few clicks. This is the plastic ratchet mechanism that keeps the stock cable adjusted. You should be good again after releasing the pedal.

If it is not stock, you may have a Cable Adjusting mechanism under the hood at the firewall on the driver's side. This unscrews to make the cable tighter or screws in to make it looser. Adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
722 Posts
That happens in my mom's '84 300ZX. When I try to put it in reverse, it grinds, so I'll put it back to 1st for a second and not let go of the clutch, then put it in reverse and it works. I don't know the fix, as it's still going on in her car. Well, good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts