Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

GSD3 Back order

621 views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  305stang 
#1 ·
Been waiting on my 315/35s for about 2 months now. I guess GY said they are redesigning the treads for this tire size since the middle section was wearing out quicker then the rest of the tire. I have the new rims and 275/40s for up front, but no rears yet. Anyone have any issues with waiting for the 315s?

Jim

#2 ·
better yet, anyone know if they are cancelling this size? I have had no luck in finding anything. Also, there the other tires from Sumitomo and Dunlop in this size, but the treadwear rating is way less.

#3 ·
Are you going with 17" or 18" rims? That will limit the tires that are available at that width.

#5 ·
What about the BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KD? Or the Toyo tires?

#6 ·
#7 ·
The guys at Discount Tire here in LV said Goodyear is discontinuing the 325/35 tire. On tirerack it says they are on back order, so I have no idea what the deal is.

I am on my 2nd set of GSD3s and wouldn't trade them for anything, other then a new set of GSD3s.

#8 ·
I had my mechanic call GoodYear and the GSD3s production date is August 11th, so hopefully i get the tires at the end of the month? we shall see.

#9 ·
Joker721 said:
The guys at Discount Tire here in LV said Goodyear is discontinuing the 325/35 tire. On tirerack it says they are on back order, so I have no idea what the deal is.

I am on my 2nd set of GSD3s and wouldn't trade them for anything, other then a new set of GSD3s.
I've had the gsd3 before and while the performance was one of the best, the price wasn't, neither was the life of the tire. I since about 2 months ago have been running NITTO NT555(not the drag radial) and I actually like them better. first off they're cheaper and second they seem to be lasting longer than the gsd3's(they should they have a higher treadwear rating) So the next time i but tires there gonna definately be Nitto's.

#10 ·
305stang,
It cost me $1000 for the GY's since my mechanic was able to get them for me at his cost, so he saved me 400-500 bucks, otherwise I would have gone with the Nitto's. I just like the look of the GSD3s for some reason. I just don't understand why a resdesign on the 315/35s would take so long. Post a closer pic of the rear wheels/tires would you?

I did notice the rating on the NT555s was 300 versus the 280 on the GY's. traction was or is A versus AA. I am about at 30k miles on my goodyears now.

Jim

#13 ·
sorry for the horrible pic it was pitch black when it stopped raining

this is when i just got em

don't know if this is what u wanted

#15 ·
well the car is filthy now but maybe in the morning when I take it out from the back of the house.well they have exceed my expectations in every way especially in terms of performance in the rain.

#16 ·
so you haven't had any fitment issues or the tires rubbing up front? I can't wait to get my GSD3s, but i have to wait 2 months, which sucks but the tire has really held up well for me. the problem is i have the front's already mounted to the 275/40s, so it would be too late. but when you get a chance send me a side shot of the fronts and rears and a rear photo if you would.

#17 ·
i don't have nitto's on the fronts, i bought them but i haven't put them on my old tires still have way to much tread on em. also i have never ran 275's up front a little too wide for me. but i do have 17's, 17x10.5in the back &17x9 up front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.