1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Jeff: We went to the movie today and saw Micheal Clayton.....Good movie....In the previews they showed before the movie, there's a movie coming out with Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe called American Gangsta....In the preview, they show a 65 or 66 Shelby fastback Mustang get blown up....So sad...............

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen that advertised on TV but I never seem to catch it. Everytime I see the clip I cannot tell if it is a Hertz or just a standard fastback with stripes down the center.

Never the less it looks like a pretty good movie as well.

Here is the clip from American Gangster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOSOYSLDuQE

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Let's hope it's just a clone. That is not my favorite year Mustang, so I didn't cringe too much when I saw the ad. Nevertheless, I hate seeing any classic get trashed.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I slowed down the video and paused it at the explosion...Looks like the emblems are there and correct strips are on the car for being a Hertz GT...I too cringe seeing any nice car get smashed/blown up.......

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
"I Am Legend" comes out on 12-16-07.

Movie trivia:

Was originally going to be made in the 1990s with Arnold Schwarzenegger starring and Ridley Scott directing. The budget became too expensive and they both left the project to pursue other projects.

Picture Cars East was doing stunt tests on the 2008 Mustang Shelby GT500 to test the new car showroom stunt. They had a 27 foot run up to the ramp, and are jumping the Shelby through a plate glass window. In the test they were doing the landing on boxes to not harm the fairly rare car. On the first test they ripped out the radiator, and radiator support. They had to cannibalize a regular Mustang for parts to continue the test.

Cameron Monaghan auditioned for the part of Ethan.

Will Smith left the production for a couple of days to attend Tom Cruise's wedding to Katie Holmes in Rome, Italy.

Warner Bros. Pictures has owned the rights to the book since the 1970s. The studio first attempted adapting it in 1994 with director Ridley Scott, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, which fell through when the production went over-budget. And then in 2002, Michael Bay was set to direct Will Smith, but they decided to make Bad Boys II (2003) instead.

Guillermo del Toro, Will Smith's first choice, turned down the offer to direct this film.

The scenes at the Brooklyn Bridge involved over 1000 extras and various military vehicles and aircraft.

Much of this film was shot on location in New York City's Washington Square Park during fall and winter 2006-2007, causing holiday decorations to be taken down and replaced tumultuously for over three months.

The studio spent an estimated $5,000,000 for a 6 night shoot in New York involving the Brooklyn Bridge. To film in this location, the producers needed the approval of up to 14 government agencies. The producers had to bring in a crew of 250, plus 1,000 extras, including 160 members of the National Guard in full combat gear.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Bill, you have WAY too much time on your hands, my friend.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What Bill said.

So I was still trying to figure out what car Heston drove in the Omega man and I know it was a Mustang but still not sure what model.

This was the closest info I could find from some freak that knows way more about this movie than any one sinlge person should know.

Neville rounds a corner and nearly crashes into a wrecked armored van, of the sort that banks use to transport their money. The van is turned over on its side, with the dead bodies of its crew lying beside it, and, most disconcertingly, huge amounts of cash and even gold ingots are scattered in the street all around it. If you hadn’t realized yet that there isn’t a single human in this town apart from Neville, that should drive the point home. To his great frustration, Neville knocked one of his tires off the rim dodging the wreck. But instead of changing the tire, he takes his gun and a gas can and walks down the street to a Ford dealership, where he goes inside and, after pretending to haggle with a non-existent salesman, picks out a 1970 Mustang (good choice) and drives it through the showroom window.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 10 of 10 Posts