Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the purposes of our site is to pass along tips about products for our cars that work, so here is one more. Fellow Bullitthead 2008Bullitt0867 (aka Rob) turned me on to these. With foul weather approaching some of us will be driving in it. Here's a pretty functional and fairly hidden set of mudflaps found used on the GT 500. They are held in place by two existing philip head screws and have predrilled holes that will bolt right on. Now Rob managed to install his with a stubby screwdriver with his tires on, but I had mine put on when rotating the tires to allow a slightly more inbound position (by simply drilling two new holes in the mudflaps) for an even more concealed profile. Really protects the bottom rear car panels. Looks pretty good too!
Here's where we bought ours...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part....c0.m245&_trkparms=72:543|65:12|39:1|240:1318

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
I have the Mustang GT rear mud flaps on my Bullitt and they fit perfect. I was told if I go with the type of flaps you are looking at that some of the lines don't match. But then on the other hand ,my Gt flaps are HUGE. I got use to seeing them so I am going to keep them on.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I bought both of those splash guards and don't care for either set , 1st,The GT500 set,even though the screw holes line up the impressions in the molding do not line up with the rear facia mold,you could match up the contours and drill new holes but either way you install them they don't look right , 2nd,THe GT splash guards will rub into the facia and destroy the paint on top of that lower lip when road grit & grime get in between the flap and the facia , My last resort was a standard flat Mustang splash guard,took the opposite side for the GT guard ,Laid them together back 2 back with outside edges lining up and cut the flat splash guard to the GT shape,now nothing rubs into the paint , Also from that seller on eBay I bought the trunk liner , fits nice except it has an extra flap on the right side I just folded under.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have the GT500 flaps and they fit perfect on the Buliit with out drilling nay holes if you reverse them. Put the left flap on the right side and vice versa. I did this and when from looking from the back they look perfect. If you look inside the wheelwell it does look funny but it works good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got the GT 500 mud flaps as well, but I fabricated them to fit without all the excess plastic showing on the inside of the wheel well. I moved the upper screw holes over a half of an inch and mounted the flaps then put whiteout on the bottom screw head and pressed the flap against the screw head. After I drilled the new bottom holes and mounted, I took white out and traced on the inside of the flap, removed the flap, and took a dremmel power tool and took the excess plastic off. Finally, I sanded the inside of the flap for a factory look. They look nice and subtle, not huge and best of all, they have the factory look!

·
Registered
733 Posts
1st 2 pic's you can see the damage done by the GT molded flaps ,Just above the pony ,

The flaps now are the generic mustang flaps from ford I cut to fit ,

·
Registered
733 Posts
j0eyabs said:
I have the GT500 flaps and they fit perfect on the Buliit with out drilling nay holes if you reverse them. Put the left flap on the right side and vice versa. I did this and when from looking from the back they look perfect. If you look inside the wheelwell it does look funny but it works good.
I'll have to dig them out and look at them again closer but aren't they curved to conform to the shape of the wheel well? If so and you reverse them won't they be bent/cured the opposite direction?

·
Registered
913 Posts
They had to be forced to bend in the oposite dirrection but they look fine now. I will have to post some pics when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Bullitt 0924 has the jaegerbrothers on since febuary, no problems what so ever. Good product.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
cpd0924 said:
Bullitt 0924 has the jaegerbrothers on since febuary, no problems what so ever. Good product.
Hi John. Still happy with the jaeger splash guards?
Thinking about getting a full set for my 1/2 mile dirt/mud road to get to the highway.
Thanx!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Charliehorse, Still very happy with the flaps. Every time i clean them and look at the stone marks left on them, I think this could be happining to my paint.

·
Registered
137 Posts
FlaFyrman: thanks for the heads up on the GT flaps! Mine have been on the car for almost a year, took them off today to inspect the problem areas in your pics. Ton of dust/dirt build up in there, luckily mine is only showing some scuff in the clear coat. Most of it waxed out. Before re-installing, I lined all contact areas with 3M automotive masking tape. Will have to keep a closer eye on this issue. I have the Jaeger Bros. flaps on the front, might have to get a set for the rear. Thanks again for the pics/info.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, due to my Bullitt induced OCD, I ordered the Jaeger Brothers rear flaps over the weekend. Already have a set on the front, and love them. Don't want to risk any more damage from the Ford GT rear flaps.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Would someone who owns the Jaegar Bros. mudflaps explain how front ones are secured ? Coudn't quite tell from the photos on their website.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Remove the 2 push pins line up holes insert push pins back in. There are 2 push pins in each side.

·
Registered
181 Posts
cpd0924 said:
Remove the 2 push pins line up holes insert push pins back in. There are 2 push pins in each side.
Were you able to remove them ( 2 DHG pushpins)without using a screwdriver or flat blade tool?
Reasson I ask, besides being crazy anal/OCD is that I don't want to booger the pins or the surrounding area with a tool because I'd like to be able to remove them for shows. My fingernails did'nt do the trick.I thought about applying tape on and around the pins , but didn't try yet. Does Ford sell the pushpins in DHG ?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts