Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the Shelby GT 500 rims in stock finish on a Bullitt or 99-04?? I've seen seen some companies offering chrome and black for 99-04 but not the stock machined finish....
I've also seen at GT5 brake/wheel conversion for 99-04 but....I don't need those brakes.

I love to get some stock gt5s for the Bullitt, powdercoat the spokes anthracite and keep the polished lip.....ooooooohhhhhhh sweeee-eee-eeet!!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
You would need some spacers to get the backspacing right. But a little fyi- My boss has a 2008 GT500 with custom wheels, and is not using the stockers right now. I'll ask him tommarrow if we can "bolt up" his wheels on one side and take a pic to see what it looks like. Now if I can remember where those wheels are...

·
Registered
353 Posts
GT500 18" x 9.5" wheels will bolt on all 2005 and up Mustangs

I believe the 2008 Bullitt would greatly benefit from more rubber.

The 2007-2009 Shelby GT-500 Mustang Wheel is

5-lug, 4.5" bolt circle
7.125" backspacing
45 mm offset
18" x 9.5" wide

The Tires are

Goodyear Eagle F1 supercar tires
255/45/18ZR 96W Front
285/40/18ZR 96W Rear

These will bolt on and work properly on all 2005 and up Mustangs...

Francois Boulet said:
Has anyone seen the Shelby GT 500 rims in stock finish on a Bullitt or 99-04?? I've seen seen some companies offering chrome and black for 99-04 but not the stock machined finish....
I've also seen at GT5 brake/wheel conversion for 99-04 but....I don't need those brakes.

I love to get some stock gt5s for the Bullitt, powdercoat the spokes anthracite and keep the polished lip.....ooooooohhhhhhh sweeee-eee-eeet!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeahhhhh, but I'm 1st gen Bullitt.

But I agree. The one thing I dislike about ALL factory S197 Mustangs is the too tall-not wide enough tire. I guess I'm not the only one? Too much rubber in the wrong direction. So I understand what you're sayin...I'd like to see that setup as well.

I also forgot the stockers are 18". All the replicas are 17" which I would rather have.

But the mock-up installermarc speaks of...YEAH! I got time, no hurry for the pictures.....well, maybe a little.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts