Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1968 GT emblem with the posts on it. I need to cut the posts off and put 3M tape on the back. The emblem is slanted. I was wondering how to put on the tape. Do I double it up to make sure it sticks?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
There is a thread on this as someone has already done this mod and they heated up the badge in the oven and bent it so that it would remain flush to the surface. It won't look right unless you do this mod to the badge. At least that is what I recall. I looked into doing it, but the wife objected to exterior mods.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
I have 68 GT emblems on mine. I bought them from another Bullitt owner. He filled in the area with epoxy and leveled them out. That is the best way to do it. Gives you the entire surface area of the badge.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
droopysbullitt said:
I have 68 GT emblems on mine. I bought them from another Bullitt owner. He filled in the area with epoxy and leveled them out. That is the best way to do it. Gives you the entire surface area of the badge.
Were the bottom edges "bent in" like in the previous reply?
Can I get the epoxy at AutoZone, etc...?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Someone has them. I've seen either pics of them on this site, or at the 06 Nationals in SF. I forget. I'll look at my photos and see if I can figure out who owns the car if I find it...

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Greg, so does someone else. I think they were at the 06 Nationals. I looked at my pics but apparently I did not take a picture of the car/badge. You flew in, so I know it wasn't yours. I forgot you also have that badge...duh!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts