Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard that a factory defect would make your bullitt worth more? I bought my bullitt 4148 in August and one side of the exhaust was a mustang GT and the other side was the bullitt. The dealership said to keep it that way because the car would be worth more. I didn't agree with it or the way it look, so I had it changed the right way. I just didn't trust the dealership with my car. Is there anybody else out there with any similar stories?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I read a post here that someone had purchased a BULLITT with BULLITT misspelled on the back lid. The same question came up about keeping it that way, for the same reasons.
I don’t know if they got it corrected or not. I would have. I also would have had the tail pipe replaced.

·
Registered
451 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>The dealership said to keep it that way because the car would be worth more.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Translation: The dealership didn't feel like taking the time to fix it, so they made up some BS hoping I'd go away.

Glad you had it replaced with the right one! My father's in the car business, and generally I've had a pretty good view of dealers because of it. But as I've gotten older I've come to the conclusion that the only reason I ever got treated well at a service department was because I was my father's son.

Joe

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Sounds to me like you did the right thing in getting it fixed. Now you could document it and take photos of it just to prove it was real<G>.

Take care.

Bud

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
bullitt4148,

I'm curious. What side of the car was wrong?

I had a GT C-pillar on one side, and another guy has the GT glass under the C-pillar on one side. I've also seen a GT skirt on one side. All of these things I've seen have been on the same side of the car.

I just want to know if it's the same side AGAIN!
Either the guy on that side of the line was an idiot, he likes to drink at lunch, or he was purposely sabatoging the Bullitt's.
I might be over reacting, but in the least, he can't tell the GT parts bins from the Bullitt parts bins.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,276 Posts
I didn't have wrong parts on the right side but on the right side of #344 there were minor surface things that needed to be addressed. Some of them we could do ourselves.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-02-14 13:59, TwoStangWmn wrote:
I didn't have wrong parts on the right side but on the right side of #344 there were minor surface things that needed to be addressed. Some of them we could do ourselves.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
See? I DIDN'T EVEN SAY IT WAS THE RIGHT SIDE!!!
I knew it!
His GT exhaust was on the RIGHT SIDE.
It's too late for us (Bullitt's) but he's still out there on the right side of the assembly line, building Fords.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yeah just wait till the day you decide to trade it in or sell it THEN TRY to convince the sales manager who is evaluating your car for the trade in value that it is in fact worth MORE money because the FACTORY put it together WRONG !! :eek: and this is what he'll say "Yeah Right!! " :lol: Or the other scenario, say you try to sell it to someone then you'll hear yourself say "No REALLY it REALLY is a Bullitt !! "
and I'm sure his/her expression will look like this :roll: ~ I think you made the right choice getting it fixed !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts