Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen any back to back dynos of stock GTs versus stock Bullitts? Those are the numbers I'm interested in. Otherwise it's just speculation that the Bullitt is more powerful.

2001 DHG Bullit #4719
Densecharger
1995 Laser Red GT
K&N Filter

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gibscreen on 2001-11-02 02:17 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Most Bullitts will show anywhere from 228-237 RWHP. The GT 228-232. Mostly the Bullitt has a bit more torque thru out the RPM range,due to it's intake manifold.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
wow, that's pretty impressive. So more than likely, the Bullitts are running the suggested 275 mark instead of the advertised 265. YA!!!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yup!! That's called "real world" versus inside late winter 2001 politics between SVT and Team Mustang. SVT was worried the Bullitt would take away Cobra sales!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
It's interesting that when compared to the GT, the Bullitt shines. But when compared to a Cobra, everyone, save one magazine, complains that the Bullitt lacks something. Well to be very blunt with you, of course it does. 2 extra cams, an IRS, an expensive price tag, and over hype! For a car that's only 26k pushing 275 hp and only 315 lbs of torque, the Bullitt is the best GT around. Maybe we need to tell them "STOP COMPARING A GT TO A COBRA!!!" It's like comparing the V-6 to the V-8. The GT is Ford's all around vehicle like the 5.0 was way back when during the HEY DAYs of the 80s. The Cobra is a special production car simply to Ooooh and Ahhh you when you see it on the road. God knows I still swoon when one drives past me. But no one seems to get that the Bullitt is still a GT after all. If it had a 4.6 DOHC, I could see the comparisons having merit. But come on!

GO BULLITTS!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I hate it when people say the GT is the same as the Bullitt.

·
Registered
229 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-02 04:14, J'sBullitt#3918 wrote:
I hate it when people say the GT is the same as the Bullitt.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Me too!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
i just call mine a mustang bullitt and when people ask what that is i tell them that it is the model between the gt and the cobra, and that it handles better and more refinded than a gt but not as much hp as a cobra

1 - 11 of 11 Posts