Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

As I've been loading up on GT500 dealer take offs for the Bullitt, I had an epiphany....we should be able to get 95+% of the performance of that car for a fraction of the cost. Allow me to explain:

--We already have the GT500 rear end, seats, and steering wheel.
--GT500 wheel/tire take offs are about $1200 shipped (from ebay)
--GT500 brake kit (dealer take off)is about $700-800 shipped (ebay again).
--Koni adjustable shocks are around $800 from Sam Strano.
--A top notch intercooled supercharger is about $5k.

Okay, so I'm not including labor (I've gotten and done all but the supercharger myself so far), but by my hillbilly math that's $37,800.

I was at Jordan ford yesterday and they have a GT500 gathering dust at north of $70k. Surely I've missed something.

If I haven't MOD ON!! What a great car!

·
Registered
119 Posts
From what I have been told the GT500 has a better engine than ours. Local guys claim the GT500 engine can safely run 600rwhp as a daily driver. Where as ours they say should stay around 450rwhp for engine safe daily driving.

I dont know anything though. I am just parroting what I was told.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The 5.4L engine in the GT500? That can take 1000BHP easily before anything else is needed lol =) but other then that I want to say your spot on.... and who is really gonna use more then 500 Horses anyway which you can easily get out of any blower on the Bullitt but you may need some forged internals so it is "safe".

·
Registered
174 Posts
You may have been looking at a KR for over 70K My dealer quoted me around 50k for a GT500. But the mods are still considerably cheaper.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
NickChildress said:
Hi All:

As I've been loading up on GT500 dealer take offs for the Bullitt, I had an epiphany....we should be able to get 95+% of the performance of that car for a fraction of the cost. Allow me to explain:

--We already have the GT500 rear end, seats, and steering wheel.
--GT500 wheel/tire take offs are about $1200 shipped (from ebay)
--GT500 brake kit (dealer take off)is about $700-800 shipped (ebay again).
--Koni adjustable shocks are around $800 from Sam Strano.
--A top notch intercooled supercharger is about $5k.

Okay, so I'm not including labor (I've gotten and done all but the supercharger myself so far), but by my hillbilly math that's $37,800.

I was at Jordan ford yesterday and they have a GT500 gathering dust at north of $70k. Surely I've missed something.

If I haven't MOD ON!! What a great car!
NickChildress<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1947372", true); </SCRIPT>
<! FIRST NAME START>aka "Nick"

Keep Modding Big Dog :clap:

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
there is a dealer in so-cal selling them for $39k. last i heard there were 10 of them on the lot. its going to take quite a bit more $$$$ to match a gt500. bigger motor, forged internals, 4v heads, 6 speed trans, etc. your list of mods would help you keep up with a STOCK gt500!

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
now put the whole front facia on !!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're right....it was a KR I saw. What do you guys think will become of these Lot Orphans? Sold at Fire Sale prices? Bought back by the manufacturer? Shipped overseas? I kinda wondered the same thing about the first generation Corvette ZR-1's.....$75k car (in 1989) and they sat around forever, but finally ended up someplace.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
NickChildress said:
You're right....it was a KR I saw. What do you guys think will become of these Lot Orphans? Sold at Fire Sale prices? Bought back by the manufacturer? Shipped overseas? I kinda wondered the same thing about the first generation Corvette ZR-1's.....$75k car (in 1989) and they sat around forever, but finally ended up someplace.
I bought two of the ZR-1's ............

Hey I do my part for the economy to keep the $$$$$$$$$$ Rolling :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

tigerhonaker

1 - 10 of 10 Posts