Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the shocks / struts / springs from a GT500 interchangeable to our Bullitt?

I have the chance to make a very good purchase on some GT500 suspension parts but don't know if it will improve the B's performance.

I will get
Rotors
Swar bars
Shocks n struts
Springs

I already read most threads on here but could not get a definitive answer.
Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
969 Posts
you didn't mention them, but the calipers from the gt500 will not fit our wheels unless you get some wheel spacers. not sure if the rotor swap is feasible though.

everything else should bolt right on.

if it were me...i would feel better about going aftermarket for these parts. even though they may be had at a good price, they are still ford factory parts. budgets do play a part in decisions though. hope it all works out the way you see it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
The GT500 tires wheels and brakes would be a big performance boost, and make the biggest difference, I am not sure the other parts, sway bars, shocks n struts, and springs would even be an improvement over your current special Bullitt "tuned" suspension...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't mention it but I am getting the tires and wheels also.
They have about 2k on the tires so there is plenty of tread left.

Unfortunately the calipers are not included. The owner replaced the rotors with cross drilled and has these left over. He also changed out all the other items listed.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
betoesca ..

I would call Sam @ Strano Performance (814) 849-3417. I just order GT500 spring for 1883 along with the Koni Sports. Sam is a great guy and will steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I went with the FRPP suspension kit, adjustable panhard bar, and Max Motorsports camber/caster plates. Couldn't be happier with the suspension. Tires and rims are on the way soon. For the $1500 Cdn plus install I spent, great handling car now.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I went ahead and got the suspension parts anyway. The guy only charged me $100 over what I paid for the tires and wheels. I bought the GT500 Tires and Wheels from him so he threw in all the others.
I understand the point about it being designed for a heavier car but I figured I could unload some of this stuff and make some money back.
What's interesting is that the sway bars are the same on the Bullitt and the GT500.
But the shocks and struts do have different part numbers. I did not check on the springs but I think we all know they are different, but will not help lower the B.
I figured since rotors are so expensive I would be able to unload these fairly easily.
Thanks for all the feedback guys.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
The GT500 suspension rides almost an inch higher than our stock suspension. You're going to be lifted!

Maybe you should get a JEEP sticker! :tongue:

Better yet, get a windshield banner that says, "Jeep Girls Like It Toppless and Dirty"

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha Ha. Good one Montoya.
I will not be installing these parts on the B. I am selling them since I got them for so cheap it is just a flip for me.

I will get the sticker though.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think very little of what you got will be truly useful.

The front bar is the same as your stock bar. The rear is bigger (and frankly I think too big @ 24mm, I prefer a 22 back there vs. the stock 20).

The rotors are no good without the rest of the hardware. The springs will make the car sit a good bit higher. The shocks/struts will offer some better rebound control, but they are still OEM dampers built to a price. And because of the GT500's greater unsprung mass vs. you stock mass I think at best those dampers are a lateral move (better in some ways, worse in others).

You got the parts for nothing, so I guess you had nothing to lose... But a Bullitt is in many ways a better handling car to start with vs. a GT500.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the feedback Sam, it is really appreciated. I figured $100 for all that hardware I am sure I find someone that will buy some of the parts.

·
Registered
969 Posts
win/win

betoesca,

i like your style! you should make a few dollars on your sale of these parts. and then apply that to what you really want in the end is a win/win for everyone. you would definitely do yourself a favor by hooking up with sam. he has done right by me and so many other msutang owners. looking forward to seeing and hearing about what you decide on for your bullitt suspension upgrades.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts