Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting some pics of the wheels and tires I installed.
I am posting these for a visual reference for tire size. I think we can all agree that the stock tires are too narrow.
The tires are as follows:
Front - 255/45/ZR18
Rear - 285/40/ZR18

All tires are the stock Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires

I don't plan on keeping them because I don't like them as much as I thought. I want the dark Bullitt colored wheels. Maybe painting these will do the trick.

Also as you can see from some photos the tires in front and back come to the end of the fenders now. I don't have wheelspacers installed this is all rim and tire.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Those wheels would look really cool painted black. But what do you mean about the fenders? Is there rubbing? What would the spacers do? Sorry to ask so many dumb questions but tires are still kind of a mystery to me. All I know is I haven't figured out how to hook those stock BFG's at the track.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pam,
There is no rubbing with the GT500 wheels on.
What I meant by "no wheel spacers" is that I don't have spacers installed.
One way to get the wider wheel look is to intstall spacers. It will widen the stance in front or back when installed therefore eliminating the tucked in wheel look.
The wider tires however will help you hook. Even just on the street with daily driving I spin my tires with the stock BFG's on. With these it is much harder to do, keep in mind that the make up of the tire makes a difference as well. These Goodyear Eagle F1's are much softer than the BFG's so it's not just the size but the compound in the tire as well. Also tire pressure and all the other stuff that comes into play.
I am no expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.:lol:

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
Howling4Ever said:
........Sorry to ask so many dumb questions but tires are still kind of a mystery to me. All I know is I haven't figured out how to hook those stock BFG's at the track.
I don't think you will ver get them to hook unless the prep at the track is really sticky.

Try lowering the pressure to about 20# and don't try to heat them up. That may help.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
I don't think you will ver get them to hook unless the prep at the track is really sticky.

Try lowering the pressure to about 20# and don't try to heat them up. That may help.
i'm getting 2.0 60's at 34 psi on stock tires (car is also bone stock). ive found that spinning them for about 5 sec in the box works good here, but our track is awful. and my best times all come with a higher launch and controlled spin out of the hole. i'm not sure there is much room to improve on my 60's though with these tires.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Jager said:
Those look great! I myself would have gone for the black ones.

Ditto. The Black Ones would look very nice on the Bullitt.

·
Registered
289 Posts
betoesca said:
I am dumping these wheels and getting the blacks.

There is more road noise with the bigger tires, but I'm sure the KR mufflers would take care of that.
Do you think you'll sell these? If so, please let me know....I'm interested. I'm in SATX. Thanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When I swith wheels again I plan on selling these. That's 2 for SA, which is easier for me. I plan on keeping only one for a spare. I will add you as a buddy on this site to keep you in mind.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just put the GT500 wheels and tires on my 08 Bullitt. I think they're much better looking than the stock wheels and I like the fact that they come close to the outer edge of the wheel opening. I measured these against the stocks and they are about the same heighth. The GT500s are a slight bit shorter, but less than a half inch. I am having trouble with my tire pressure monitor system. I get a fault light whenever I drive for over 15 minutes at higher speeds. Tires are inflated to 35 lbs. Anyone else having the same problem? The extra traction is worth about a 10th of a second to 60 foot line at the strip...not much gain. These wheels and tires are larger than those on my 2002 Vette.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
The road noise is from those crap tires.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've got the GT500's as well. You'll need to get the TPMS sensor reset tool (about $25 on ebay shipped) and follow the procedure to reset the system. Very easy with the tool and takes 5 minutes or less.

I don't have noticeably more road noise, but the car feels less 'lively' with the bigger rubber. Much more planted and harder to toss around. Also feels slightly slower to accelerate.

As far as height/speedo calibration....I've got the Brenspeed tune and was going to reset my speedo. But I took a handheld GPS with me and at 70 mph indicated on the speedo, the GPS showed 70.5 mph. Close enough to leave alone IMHO.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.