Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, I found a great deal at my local shop.

H&R Springs Installed-$450 - NorCal SVTOA Forum

Before I get into any details, I plan on keeping my stock Tokico shocks and struts for now. Now, do you guys recommend the Super Sports or Race springs? I heard the Super Sport are lower than the Race springs, but they're not as stiff. The H&R website differs.

H&R Springs || Products || H&R Special Springs, LP

What gives?

The car is my daily driver, but I don't mind sacrificing a smoother ride for better handling. Eventually, I plan on making it a street/track (not drag, although that's fun too) car. Also, what about the Eibach Pro Kit?

Another thing; I plan on eventually getting 17x10.5 deep dish black Bullitts in the rear wrapped in 315/35/17 Nitto 555s and 17x9 black Bullitts in the front wrapped in 275/40/17 Nitto 555s. Will I rub?

Lastly, would you guys recommend to do this before I install my gears? I currently have FRPP 3.73s sitting behind me along with a Motive bearing kit, but to do that I have to pay for labor PLUS purchase a SCT X3 to recalibrate my speedometer.

Thanks!

[EDIT]

I can't seem to find any good pictures of H&R Race Springs installed along with 17" wheels, anybody care to help? I just went through every single page in this search, and didn't find a single picture :(. I found one here on IMBOC, but it had the 18" wheels CCW wheels, and I also found Wolverine's Bullitt, but the pictures on his Photobucket don't specify which of them are using the Race springs, and which are using the Super Sport springs. Going by some of his posts, I think it goes a little something like this:

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/TB3067/?start=40

All of the pictures in that page I BELIEVE are with the Super Sport springs, up until the pictures that have the red springs, which are the Race springs.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/TB3067/?start=20

All of the pictures in that page I BELIEVE are with the Race springs, mainly because of the date the pictures were taken (8/30/06, compare that to the 8/xx/06 dates of the pictures with the red Race springs in the page prior) but the car looks to be the same height as with the Super Sports.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
With the Supersports your shocks and struts will take a beating. With the Race it will be even worse. I drove mine with the Supersports and the stock rear shocks for a month or two and it ws horrible compared to putting the Bilsteins back there.

With the Eibach Pro-kit you can get by with stock (at least for a while).

I would do the gears first.

Tires width in back should not be a problem.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have definitely narrowed it down the H&R Race and H&R Super Sport springs. I plan on eventually getting the Bilstein HD shocks/struts. Now, which of those two H&R springs do you recommend?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I run the H&R Sports (not Super Sport) springs and love them. Still have stock shocks/struts, no caster/camber plates. Alignment in perfect spec.

And, IMO, $450 for springs installed is INSANE!!!! It's a very simple DIY project. Don't even really need a second set of hands, though they do come in handy. Me and a buddy had my Sports installed in 2.5 hours with a few breaks & BS'n thrown in there. Didn't even need a spring compressor. Keep in mind though, we have probably changed 10-20 sets of springs over the past few years, so we are pretty well versed at it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, pretty much right after making my original post I talked to my friend, he said he'd help me do it and we should have it done within four hours TOPS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts