Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my springs on Saturday and noticed that the passenger side is about a half inch higher. Will caster/camber plates with an alignment cure this?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
No. An alignment will just fix the caster and/or camber of the front wheels.

Are you sure you installed the springs in the correct locations? What I mean is, if the pigtails on the springs are not seated fully or not pointing the correct direction, it can cause one side to be higher than the other.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
For the front, The if you look in the bottom cup for the spring, it should have an impression showing where the original spring was facing.

For the rears I believe the bottom coil is supposed to point toward the differential

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fronts are in the only place they could be. They fit into the notch.
The back passenger side is a half inch higher than the driver's side. The base of the coil is pointing toward the diff on the passenger and the base of the coil is facing the wheel on the driver's side. I'll passenger's spring around and see if that does anything.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I thought I had the same issue after I installed my H&R. It may be that you are being overly critical, and/or that you are on a slightly angled surface. My driveway is just barely off level and it made me think there was a big difference. Drive around a bit and then see after a few days/drives if it improves at all. Check it out on different surfaces.

And yes, if the coils are in wrong that will definitely affect the height.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Checked other forums and they all say to have the end of the pig-tail facing the driver's side. I checked everything out this morning, and they're installed correctly.
I took it to a local guy that specializes in Mustangs, and he said the only other option is to install new Energy Suspension isolators (possibly only on the low side to raise it). I'm sitting at 25" on the driver's side and 25.5" on the passenger's side. I like the height of the driver's side, but I don't know which side is wrong.

I'm thankful for your help.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Is the tire pressure the same and are you on a level surface? Measure with the car sitting in place, then turn the car around so it is sitting in the same place and measure.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wish it was that easy. I've checked it everywhere. I get 3 fingers on one side and 2 on the other. Half inch difference everywhere. Tires are the same... if I could pick up a half inch difference just with airing up the tire, I'd be in REAL trouble! :)

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I would put some miles on the car and recheck the height, I would also measure from the floor to the fender at the center of the wheel. The springs may need to settle

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Are there isolators on our cars stock? If so, could it be that one is worn more than the other causing this issue? Just throwing out suggestions as I've never looked very closely at the rear springs.

What H&R kit did you go with? 4415 needs some springs bad and I like the stance of yours.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The springs are the most tame one's. I bought them off a Bullitt owner here over 3 years ago. They've been sitting in my shed.

We do have isolators, and to me, they both look the same. I only have 25K on the car.

I'm taking it to another local guy that specializes in lowered cars. We'll see...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UPDATE: Still suffering from the same problem. Talked with another member on the forum that seems to be having the same problem.
Anyone know if there might be a problem with something with the suspension in the rear on the right side?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts