Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to get the H&R Super Sport Springs, until i saw the H&R Super Race Spings. Is the Distance In drop the same as the Supersports? Lower? Less? and does anyone have them on their car?

·
Registered
798 Posts
I think FordFan has the race springs.

I believe the super sports will drop it just a bit lower than the race springs. If you do the SS, you will definately have to watch that front lip.

I scrape my mudflap pieces everywhere, i just need to get enough $$$$$ for the 03Cobra rocker panels...

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Nope mine are "Road & Track" springs that are made by H&R but to Maximum Motorsports specs.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/

After years of tuning suspensions around the spring rates that were available, we determined that designing our own springs would better suit our needs. MM's Engineering Team has begun working with a major spring manufacturer to develop new spring sets. These are top quality springs, made to our specifications.

The MM Springs will be available in a variety of spring rates. The choice of which MM Spring is best suited for your car depends on the intended use. We will have some springs that are intended primarily as lowering springs, and are therefore only slightly stiffer than stock springs. We will also have performance springs, intended for the performance-minded driver, with higher spring rates.

The new MM Springs are designed to have less progression than other spring brands The more linear nature of the MM Springs makes the amount of lowering more consistent, and the handling more predictable. Except for the Open-Track series, the MM Springs are intended to be suitable for a daily driven car, and as such we have designed the MM Springs with just the right blend of performance and ride quality. Knowledgeable performance enthusiasts know that lowering a car too much is a sure-fire way to destroy a car’s handling prowess, and so the MM Springs are designed to avoid excessive lowering. And of course, these sets all include a new MM Pinion Snubber.

The first of the MM Spring sets are now available. We will roll out more applications as they are developed. Keep checking here for the latest offerings.

Choose a Spring Type, based on your intended Usage
Open-Track springs are for customers with a focus on open-tracking, or a weekend street car
Road & Track springs are for those focused on high performance street and moderate track use
Street Performance springs offer an aggressive stance and improve performance while maintaining ride quality suitable for daily-driven cars.

My Garage with photos--->
http://www.imboc.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=62

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'm pretty sure the MRT bullitt has the H&R race or super race springs. I'm pretty sure both models have the same drop but the super race are obviously stiffer.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have H&R Race Springs on my '03 Cobra. I don't know about the Bullitt (solid axle) H&R springs.. but, with Cobras the Race Springs sit a bit higher than the H&R SS springs. These are THE best springs I have ever used. They ride great, sit great, and it handles awesome.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Super Sport springs will drop it lower than race springs and yes u will b scrapping I have them on my 96 GT. The best site I have used to compare H&R springs is www.speedconcepts.net I'm getting the H&R sport springs for the bullitt because of the 20" rims. Make sure u have some good shock/struts.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
folky15 said:
Dude - you bumped your own thread after only 25 minutes and 9 views.

That is post-whoring at its worst.
its my thread i can do what I want with it. And i see you didnt have anything to add to the question I asked. hmmm, why did you feel the need to comment on that? I consider that rude. thank you have a nice day.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FordFan said:
Nope mine are "Road & Track" springs that are made by H&R but to Maximum Motorsports specs.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/

After years of tuning suspensions around the spring rates that were available, we determined that designing our own springs would better suit our needs. MM's Engineering Team has begun working with a major spring manufacturer to develop new spring sets. These are top quality springs, made to our specifications.

The MM Springs will be available in a variety of spring rates. The choice of which MM Spring is best suited for your car depends on the intended use. We will have some springs that are intended primarily as lowering springs, and are therefore only slightly stiffer than stock springs. We will also have performance springs, intended for the performance-minded driver, with higher spring rates.

The new MM Springs are designed to have less progression than other spring brands The more linear nature of the MM Springs makes the amount of lowering more consistent, and the handling more predictable. Except for the Open-Track series, the MM Springs are intended to be suitable for a daily driven car, and as such we have designed the MM Springs with just the right blend of performance and ride quality. Knowledgeable performance enthusiasts know that lowering a car too much is a sure-fire way to destroy a car’s handling prowess, and so the MM Springs are designed to avoid excessive lowering. And of course, these sets all include a new MM Pinion Snubber.

The first of the MM Spring sets are now available. We will roll out more applications as they are developed. Keep checking here for the latest offerings.

Choose a Spring Type, based on your intended Usage
Open-Track springs are for customers with a focus on open-tracking, or a weekend street car
Road & Track springs are for those focused on high performance street and moderate track use
Street Performance springs offer an aggressive stance and improve performance while maintaining ride quality suitable for daily-driven cars.

My Garage with photos--->
http://www.imboc.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=62
Thanks for that Info. I always loved the ride height of your car. Would some Bilstein Shock/Struts be the way to go as well.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Thanks for that Info. I always loved the ride height of your car. Would some Bilstein Shock/Struts be the way to go as well.
Yes. The next best thing and r alittle cheaper r the Tockico Blues if u go that rought just make sure u buy the ones for the correct ride hight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts