Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, after picking my car up on tuesday, and bone stock with 348 miles, and paper tags the best time i could get was a 14.3. it was humid as a green house today at capital raceway. this was my first time out in the bull and i was a little disapointed, i really was shooting for a 14 flat but i am not the best driver in the world.

I beat a 00 gt with 3:73's, pulleys, h pipe, cat back, pro shifter, k&n. Although the win was by a tenth or two, i still won, and like i said i dont really know how to drive this car yet.

my first run was a 15.0, i was very pissed and embarassed when i got the time slip, but i think i made up for it.

the bull got a lot of attention, i had a group of guys tell me how much they liked the blue better. there was another bull down there, when i had a chance to talk to him, either i was about to run, or he was about to run. after that, i couldnt find him anymore. it was a DHG bullitt, i saw him run a 14.3 also, i dont know what his best time was.

·
Registered
393 Posts
good runs! Wow, I thought I was bold going out with 575 on the odometer. Glad to see you're not afraid to run the car. Be prepared for better results after it breaks in.

BTW...what were your trap speeds and 60ft times??

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hear is what the time slips say

1/4 14.3
r/t 0.57
speed 97.5
60 ft 2.19
330 ft 6.08
1/8 9.3
1000 ft 12.0

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was woundering if someone else in Maryland had a Bullitt. I am at Capitol quite a bit.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Redracer,I assume you were going thru the traps in 3rd gear. How was the traction up there? My best so far has been a slip slidin 14.10 at 99.7,with a KN filter,before the Densecharger setup.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The last time I was at Capitol, I was one of three DHG Bullitts racing. Anyway I drove in from Frederick(about an hour away) strait to the line and pulled off a 14.2 @ 98.9 with the paper filter. After that I tried pulling ice on it to cool it down, but the damn thing wouldn’t cool down past half way on the gauge and the intake was still blistering hot. The rest of the runs were 14.3s and 14.4s with 2.10 to 2.14 60 foot times.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think I also made the mistake of running 93 octane fuel. I am told that 89 would have given me a little more.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yep that intake does stay HOT a good while! I am looking at making some phenolic spacers between the intake and head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts