Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...drove an hour to pay my fine and tell the Judge I'm sorry. Ended up with a 500 fine + 162 in court costs. At least they will let me make payments! I took 400 in cash but it wasn't quite enough. Ah well live and learn.

For those that dont remember or didn't see it, got nailed doing 101 in a 55 last month...

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
YOUCH! That's a little extreme don't you think? Over 600.00?! I think everyone should go out, drive over a hundred MPH, get caught, pay the huge fine, just to support the economy. I swear that's the only way any states manage to balance their budget. On that rediculous 55 speed limit. I'm done ranting.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lucky he didn't get me at 147+

I've slowed down since then =)

·
Registered
144 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-10 13:58, tlatoani wrote:
Well...drove an hour to pay my fine and tell the Judge I'm sorry. Ended up with a 500 fine + 162 in court costs. At least they will let me make payments! I took 400 in cash but it wasn't quite enough. Ah well live and learn.

For those that dont remember or didn't see it, got nailed doing 101 in a 55 last month...
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

What state do you live in? In Virginia, 101 can earn you a nice set of bracelets, a check-in at the county hotel, an introduction to a bail bondsman, a hefty fine, court costs, community service, and a suspension.

·
Registered
229 Posts
When I was in college, I really started slowing down, doing maybe 5-10 over the limit. Then on one long stretch from carlsbad to san clemente, I ended up pacing a highway patrol at about 65-70 (65 speed limit). went fine for a while, then when we got into san clemente, the highway patrol i was pacing sped up to maybe 75 without me realizing. then what do i see behind me? another higway patrol with her light's going. pulled me over and gave me a ticket for 10 over. I pleaded with her but to no avail.

so from then on, i speed as much as i want, but just keep an eye on the mirror. i wonder if that cop has any idea that by giving me a ticket she actually made the highway a less safe place?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts