Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whilst in pursuit of a better handling 08 bullitt mustang, i have just added a fays2 watts link on the rear of the car. the watts link replaces the panhard bar and the panhard bar brace. now that i know how the fays2 watts link changes the way the car handles, to do the mods i have done thus far again, i would have put the fays2 watts link on before the struts/shocks/springs. imho, the fays2 watts link would definitely complement the stock struts and shocks to provide more consistant handling.

i chose the fays2 unit over other watts link offerings because of the price, design strength, and ease of installation. i also talked to jim fay, the owner/designer of the unit, and he's a down to earth guy who loves cars and loves making them handle better. he also makes himself available to answer any intall questions too. jim is the kind of guy you would want to be your neighbor.

what i have experienced since the fays2 watts link install is that when i approach a curve, there is no "shifting" of the rear end when entering a curve and "setting" of the rear end when the car reaches a certain level of outward force while taking the curve. the rear of the car stays planted and inspires confidence. the car now handles the same turning right or left, and this to me was one of the main characteristics i have been looking for. i have also witnessed that curves can be taken faster than before, and the car can even accelerate through curves where the throttle had to remain steady before.

it's time to see my dentist again. :-D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,498 Posts
Nice!

Going to use one of these myself. Were you able to get one in black?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
back in black

originally posted by jymontoya:

Were you able to get one in black?

i did get one in black! i just couldn't bear to put that hunter orange color on my car...and to think i suggested that you paint your gas cap that color.:lol: did i see that one coming or what?

i called jim fay back up and shared with him that my only regret was not doing this sooner.

a watts link would probably be great with all the hp your pushing these days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fays2 watts link locator

shane,

i bought mine from sam strano. sam is a multi year national champ in autocross, and he is an expert in the handling department when it comes to mustangs and other cars too. his web site is:

www.stranoparts.com

you can call sam up and he will gladly share his knowledge with you. the cool thing i like about sam (besides all his experience with mustangs) is that he will listen to what your intentions are for your car and discuss with you only the parts that fit what you want. he has even steered me away from parts that were non relevant to what i am intending. tell him i sent you if you like.

gerald
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,620 Posts
BiteTheBullitt0793 said:
shane,

i bought mine from sam strano. sam is a multi year national champ in autocross, and he is an expert in the handling department when it comes to mustangs and other cars too. his web site is:

www.stranoparts.com

you can call sam up and he will gladly share his knowledge with you. the cool thing i like about sam (besides all his experience with mustangs) is that he will listen to what your intentions are for your car and discuss with you only the parts that fit what you want. he has even steered me away from parts that were non relevant to what i am intending. tell him i sent you if you like.

gerald
Sam was an instructor at the Jeff Tech school when I took the Auto Tuneup course from him in 1974 - my ride then was a 74 Z28. His family had a garage business in Brookville known as Stranos and they specialized in foreign cars. I lost track of him since then - but I am excited to hear about his current business and all his accomplishments. I will definitely pay him a visit this spring as soon as #2883 comes out of hibernation. Thanks for the update Gerald.:cool:

Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Dodging Bullitt said:
Sam was an instructor at the Jeff Tech school when I took the Auto Tuneup course from him in 1974 - my ride then was a 74 Z28. His family had a garage business in Brookville known as Stranos and they specialized in foreign cars. I lost track of him since then - but I am excited to hear about his current business and all his accomplishments. I will definitely pay him a visit this spring as soon as #2883 comes out of hibernation. Thanks for the update Gerald.:cool:

Al
Al--

You'd be talking about my father. He's around from time to time, but pretty much retired these days (he turned 65 on Sunday), and doesn't come around the shop much these days since my Mom passed away in May (they started the business together in 1975, spun off their business in Miami before we moved).

I owe a lot to my parents, including this business.

I've taken the business in a more performance oriented diretion based of my experience with the autocrossing and a lot of trial and error testing. :) FWIW, it might be tempting since you know my Dad to think I'm a kid, but I'm 35 myself. ;)

If you'd like to stop by, you are more than welcome. Not a lot to see these days other than trophies and a small shop. We're still in Brookville. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,620 Posts
sam strano said:
Al--

You'd be talking about my father. He's around from time to time, but pretty much retired these days (he turned 65 on Sunday), and doesn't come around the shop much these days since my Mom passed away in May (they started the business together in 1975, spun off their business in Miami before we moved).

I owe a lot to my parents, including this business.

I've taken the business in a more performance oriented diretion based of my experience with the autocrossing and a lot of trial and error testing. :) FWIW, it might be tempting since you know my Dad to think I'm a kid, but I'm 35 myself. ;)

If you'd like to stop by, you are more than welcome. Not a lot to see these days other than trophies and a small shop. We're still in Brookville. :)
Sam

And here I was thinking that with age comes trophies! lol Congrats on your accomplishments both on and off the track!

I am 55 but when driving my Bullitt I still feel like a kid! I would very much like to see your trophies and your shop - and I will email you when I am going to be passing through. Is your shop still in the same location as the garage - on the side street off Main Street?

And when I get the Bullitt out I will want to stop by to show you my baby - and hopefully get some advice from you!

Al
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
618 Posts
If I were looking to make my S197 handle better, I would definitely call Strano. He has gotten the most of the stock setup as evidenced by his several national championships in F-Stock, and I would say that would help him know where the major shortcomings are.

I've gotten a few things from Sam myself. Including Konis and some bushings and he has been super helpful.

The Fays2 looks like a nice piece and seems to be reasonably priced, especially compared to the competition. When, or if, the time comes for me to get to that point with my car, I will probably be going with the MM PHB which is 1/2 the price, but if you want the better solution, I think the fays2 is it.


-Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Dodging Bullitt said:
Sam

And here I was thinking that with age comes trophies! lol Congrats on your accomplishments both on and off the track!

I am 55 but when driving my Bullitt I still feel like a kid! I would very much like to see your trophies and your shop - and I will email you when I am going to be passing through. Is your shop still in the same location as the garage - on the side street off Main Street?

And when I get the Bullitt out I will want to stop by to show you my baby - and hopefully get some advice from you!

Al
Same building... Still not much to look at (but at least it's proof I don't work from my kitchen!). :)
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top