Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spent the day at RAF Feltwell a USAFE base here in the UK for the 4th July.

90 miles from me but I had not cleaned the car since my 3 weeks in the USA.
I cleaned and detailed the whole car and then it rained.
I went and got somthing to eat and cleaned the car again and then it rained again........
Oh well I was there to provide some cheer for the guys and gals stationed over here and we helped a bit.

I only took a few pics and they were all very poor, so only one attached.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Way to go Bob!! I'm sure they appreciated it. Thanks for the happy fourth and a HAPPY 4th to everyone!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
English Bob said:
Spent the day at RAF Feltwell a USAFE base here in the UK for the 4th July.

90 miles from me but I had not cleaned the car since my 3 weeks in the USA.
I cleaned and detailed the whole car and then it rained.
I went and got somthing to eat and cleaned the car again and then it rained again........
Oh well I was there to provide some cheer for the guys and gals stationed over here and we helped a bit.

I only took a few pics and they were all very poor, so only one attached.
Way to go Bob!

I was in Germany back in 75-78. It was a job to put up our Army military displays for the Germans to look over our equipment. I think, it was really to show the Russians what we had, but who knows? Anyway, there were always some locals at these shows with collections of anything American. Cars, pickups, electronics, one guy even had a 40's vintage American made juke box that he would bring and set up to play 40 and 50s rock and roll music continuously. I had a real sense that they were showing us that they were glad we were there.

So, I'm sure our guys in England are glad to see someone in England taking pride in an exclusive American muscle car.:smile:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thanks Bob, and I know the rain will not dampen anything you do. Keep a stiff upper lip and will see you next year.
Dallas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts