Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy 4th of July, Bullittheads!

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
... That's Jack Kerouac

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
American Apathy?

StvMcQueen said:
Happy 4th of July, Bullittheads!

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
... That's Jack Kerouac
Hard to believe that 26 people have viewed this post, and not a single one bothered to return the 4th of July well-wishing? Is there that much apathy toward this country? Whatever happened to patriotism --- patriotic pride, enthusiasm for America and what she stands for? This is troubling. Or am I just being melodramatic? :confused:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Hard to believe that 26 people have viewed this post, and not a single one bothered to return the 4th of July well-wishing? Is there that much apathy toward this country? Whatever happened to patriotism --- patriotic pride, enthusiasm for America and what she stands for? This is troubling. Or am I just being melodramatic? :confused:
This attitude is not uncommon…

How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~ Thomas Jefferson

Happy Independence Day, Jim :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.