Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope everyone enjoys the day and remembers all our countries 'heroes' that , over hundreds of years , have given their lives and limbs to protect and serve this great country of ours.
god bless them all as well as the members of todays military and please lets all keep them in our thougts and prayers....

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
ditto

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it me or does there NOT seem to be a lot of memorial day stuff anymore?
seems , at least in the dfw area, that events have kinda dwindled and that is a dam shame....

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Happy Memorial Day!

Our neighboring village has a small Memorial Day parade and ceremony yearly. I always get a little misty eyed on Memorial Day. Here are some pics from today. It was a great time exchanging old stories with fellow military veterans.

I had the pleasure of meeting and marching with Brigadier General D. Short (on left). Man, does he have some stories...40 years and 17,000 flight hours as a U.S. Army Air Corps/U.S. Air Force pilot. He retired in 1980.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
It has been turned into a day to have a 3 day weekend. I will observe the 30th as it should be.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I have a soft spot in my heart for anybody who has or is serving our country. My father contracted polio when he was young but still managed to talk his way in to being allowed to enlist in the Army in the 2nd world war. I have huge respect and admiration for all who serve and protect our fine country. Happy Memorial Day from a grateful Mainer....John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts