Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an open series of questions to all members including those that currently don't own a Bullitt.

Whatever Mustang or Ford you currently own... How long is your REAL intention to keep your current Mustang (Ford product)?

What kind of Mustang, (Ford product) do you currently own? How do you value it?

Details are important! Explain the complete, currrent condition
of any Mustang or Ford you own.

Teddy Katz Bullitt#60
http://www.teddykatz.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-11-24 09:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-11-24 09:28 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I plan on keeping it,maybe at least as long, as my other Mustang,the 1985 HO LX coupe,which I bought new. The 85 now shows a little over 10,000 miles,even though different engine setups have been under the hood.I started refineing this car from day one,and have always been happy with it's performance. The Bullitt is at a different level of performance,such as suspenision,ride,brakes,and a highly refined small block.The Bullitt will stay at a level of a few minor bolt-ons.Somewhat like the guy who bought a new 1970 Boss 302,and kept it that way for years.The 85 was,and is just easy to reconfigure into whatever you want it to be....My choice was to duplicate the performance of those awesome 1969 Baldwin/Motion 427 Camaros,but in a Mustang wrapper.I used to read about those things when they were new,and plenty affordable,but I was only 15...not much money either. So all in all I like my Mustangs!!! Now my son has one,that makes three!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Since you DID include us non-Bullitt owners in this survey, I'll respond. I have a new '02 5-spd Premium GT and will probably keep it for three or four years. (Previously owned a '98 Cobra). I searched lots here in Nevada and Sacramento for two months before I found this 'near perfect' GT. This website, among others, was a very valuable source of information and armed me with a written list of things to look for before I signed the papers. Like most of you guys, I am very anal about my cars, so I spent more than an hour going over this Mineral Grey baby prior to buying her. Fit and finish are near perfect, and believe it or not, the paint job is flawless. NO clunks, transmission mount bolts are tight, headlight lenses are clear, no pre-warmup noises under the hood. My transmission goes into reverse and into 1st gear at slow speeds everytime with no grinding or trouble. The only small annoyance is the 1 to 2 slight notchy feeling until the tranny warms up, but that is more than likely normal and no big deal. Most of the other new GTs I checked out prior to this one had some sort of shipping damage to the paint or had been on the lots for a period of time and had 50 or more miles on the clock, hard miles, I bet.
Oh BTW, this is my favorite site for information. I love the "Mechanical Issues" section and usually end up running out to the garage to check my car when I find someone with something new to offer. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NV02GT on 2001-11-24 10:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I plan on keeping 1007 for ever.... My Mach1 I plan on giving to my Son when he grows up(he's 20 now and he's got a long way to go).
Kay's 67 Fastback we plan on keeping it for ever.
My 84 F1504x4 I plan on keeping until it completely falls apart.
The Bullitt is perfect condition Numerous 1st place awards in local car shows....
The Mach1 started out $450.00 pile of bare metal and was last aprased at $10,000 it's a cat plus 3 car.
The 67 is a loose pile of rust in the shape of a mustang with new Qters, Door skins, tail light pnl, right hand Floor pan and $860.00 of new sheet metal to weild in place of the remaining rust.
84 F1504x4 Has a year old paint job and 4000 miles on a recon crate 351W motor.

·
Premium Member
18,821 Posts
I plan on keeping my DHG #3875 forever. It has sevral qualities that make me want to do
so. Muscle, one year only production, limited production, unique performance and trim items, retro features, future collectable possibilities and linked to a famous movie!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I'll keep 5508 forever too. It doesn't mean that I won't by the Audi A6 250HP twin turbo either that I was going to by before I bought the Bullitt. There's just something about the Bullit that SVTs, Cobra's, or any of the other dial-a-mustangs that are out there don't have. It's probably the RETRO thing.

·
Premium Member
18,821 Posts
Forgot to say current conditon of #3875. 399 miles on it. Bone stock. Several items such as the factory plastic in the floor boards and door sills (with colored dots) still in place. Build sheet cannot be retrieved without ripping so it is sealed in its compartment with duct tape along that 3 feet long, 2 inch wide gap to keep road dust out.(and other people who think they can get it out without ripping it)

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I planning on owning a Bullitt for the rest of my life. It's cool, fun ,fast and solved my mid-life crisis just at a time when I needed it most.

My '97 GT and the wife's '95 Contour, although they are very nice cars, are nothing really special, so when they're worn out, they are history.

My '71 and '79 Broncos are classics, easy to break stuff, but also easy to fix and these will remain in the family forever. We love 'em as much as the Bullitt.

My '76 Ford 4X4 truck is pretty dependable, and passes everything but a gas station. 8 mpg from the 460 doesn't make it a good daily driver, but it's very handy to have around.

My '70 Lincoln MKIII, although it is a very beautiful car, is a mechanical and electrical nightmare. You have to be a real enthusiast, or in my case, an idiot, to want to own one. I really have no particular attachment to this car.

Last, but not least is my '70 Mustang Coupe. Although it may look like a basic, Plain Jane from the outside, was a special order car from the factory with a 351W 4V, drag pack, disk brakes and handling package. I paid $2,700 for it brand new, only because the guy who ordered it got p*ssed off and refused delivery because it came the wrong color green. This car is pretty remarkable, considering I totally beat the crap out of it all through high school and has remained very dependable for the 31 years I've owned it. I love this car more than any of the others and it will never be for sale.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I give the Bullitt about 2-2.5 years before I move on. I am thinking a new one around 2004(new body style). I guess I really better get started modifying if I am going to enjoy this car in that state.:smile:

My 88LX will probably be with me longer, since book value on race cars is pretty low. How to rate the condition of a stripped race car?hmmm The interior is...well...gone. It's got quite a few squeaks and rattles, it handles poorly, it's loud and smells. But it pulls the front wheels on launch and runs like a raped apre through the 1320.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
2276 will stay in the family for many many years to come. Will eventually hand it down to my now 2 year old son.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Well this is what I've been waiting for.. I've wanted a Mustang ever since I learned to drive stick on my Mom's '81 4cyl 4 speed. I've been through many a car in that time and could've had many a different Mustang along the way. But this one just came out and said to me.. "I'm the one". I'll have this car forever. I've got almost 11k on it already and am dreading putting it in storage for the Winter. This car is my extravagance and even if the Mach 1 comes out with 400+ HP and costs only $20K with 0.0% financing I'd never trade my Bullitt in for one. I'm a hopeless addict and plan on staying that way! :smile:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I plan on keeping the BULLITT A long time.My wifes 98 S.H.O.Will probably trade in on the MACH if they make one.My 85 4x4 f150 is my daily driver my 74 bronco is for off roading.my 88 bronco 2 is just in case..

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-24 16:37, Dans Black#3231 wrote:
I plan on keeping the BULLITT A long time.My wifes 98 S.H.O.Will probably trade in on the MACH if they make one.My 85 4x4 f150 is my daily driver my 74 bronco is for off roading.my 88 bronco 2 is just in case..

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Another Bronco man!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,040 Posts
I will be a little ole gray haired lady driving down the street in her Bullitt and the 69 coupe will be waiting her turn in the garage. The coupe is still in the paint shop getting the driver's side door aligned and then new paint--$6,000. I have had the coupe for 14 years (2nd owner) and plan on giving it to my daughter in the will. She runs excellent and is going to go to car shows this summer. She is equipped with a 351W, 2-barrel 250 hp engine. The 2000 Cobra R is a "late-life crisis" hubby's gift to himself. He is not real healthy and so when it comes time (hopefully many years down the road) it will go up for sale. But for now, we are taking her for rides! Yahoo!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't know where to start, the plan is to keep 702 until the Feds confiscate it! I guess all the rest are here only until something better comes along. I counted the other day and there have been 30 cars in our driveway in the last 4 years, average lifespan is about 5 months. The 2000 Lightning will stay until the 2002s come out in True Blue. The '68 Cougar XR7GT will be here for quite awhile, the 66 Mustang 2+2 is going to my son for his High School Graduation present(don't tell him), the '65 Mustang Convertible will go to some one that will have more time to enjoy it. The rest will go to make room for different toys, the garage has a revolving door! Have fun and enjoy!! And I intend to do just that!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have owned alot of different make and model vehicles.The Bullitt will be in the garage when I buy a new vehicle.I plan on being one of the Gray headed men at the car shows (like the ones you see now) with my one owner Bullitt.Thats what you work your butt off all your life for.Travel, meet ppl and enjoy the ride.I gave up a jeep for the Bullitt,so im guessing that another jeep will be my next vehicle.I have had a few problems with the Bullitt,but the dealer has been more than happy to repair all bugs.I would compair the Bullitt to my brothers 1970 302 Boss (wish he had a feather and I had the Boss).The Bullitt is a modern day Boss to me,and from all the looks I get when im cruiseing it is the Boss of the road.

·
Banned
975 Posts
Well I am one of the Gray headed ones at the car shows with "MB4875". It will stay in the family as Justin, my grandson will inherit "MB4875" on his 21 birthday in 19 years.Until then I will take very good care of the Bullitt.As for the Beast(Y2K Ford Diesel pickup, at 250,000 miles I will retire it for another Ford Diesel pickup to tow the Bullitt to the shows.
:bullitt:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,040 Posts
I have a feeling there's going to be a LOT of gray haired people driving Bullitts in 20 years or so out there! :grin:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts