Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I wash my B in the hot sun and got hard water spots all over. I dried as fast as I could but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get rid of them? I tried wash a spot with dishing washing soap and then used a cleaner wax on it and the spots were still there. I have the appearance coverage on the B but I'm affaid they will start buffing on it and make things worst than they are know.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Meguiars scratch x or swirl away or clay perhaps.Use a leaf blower to dry it off next time, quick and no contact with car.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Zaino's Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover is what I've always used.
It works great.
I hate water spots!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
08Bullitt3472 said:
Over the weekend I wash my B in the hot sun and got hard water spots all over. I dried as fast as I could but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get rid of them? I tried wash a spot with dishing washing soap and then used a cleaner wax on it and the spots were still there. I have the appearance coverage on the B but I'm affaid they will start buffing on it and make things worst than they are know.
If they don't come out after a couple of attempts, use the coverage. Mine covered water spots and they were in deep enough the Dealer brought in their top guy, did an 'acid wash' and reapplied the polymer, plus complete detail N/C. They even got the swirls out the first idiot put in. Looks deeper than new.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
may try a good polish and if they come out, then wax.

·
Registered
553 Posts
that happened to me this year at the Nats
i was bummin so the night before the show i just did a good power wash and it worked
if you dont want to do that to you B ( i didnt but i had no choice) then hit it back with the detergent and fire up some Griots clay bar
i highly recommend!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Try some clear vinegar dilited 1 to 1 with water. If that doesn't do it, then prepare to clay and polish them out. I would recommend you look at how you wash the vehicle. There are different techniques that minimize swirls and water spotting. I was using a foam gun thru a water softener and two buckets. I am now looking at Optima no rinse wash to conserve water and minimize the amount of marring and spotting. Check out www.autopia.org forums for some good info about washing/detailing your Bullitt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts