Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

wanted to find out what is correct part number for harmonic balancer are they same as GT or different? And are there any reliable and plug in HID/LED headlight kit other then OEM?

·
Premium Member
14,122 Posts
Not a clue about the balancer...but I can say I found the stock HID headlights on my '09 disappointing. No better than the halogen lights I had on another car. I wouldn't suggest you spend much to replace the stock non HID lights.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Harmonic balancer. Ford part is not the greatest. Look for aftermarket with SFI 18-1 approval. $200 and up. Try Summit racing or Jegs.

·
Premium Member
14,122 Posts
Short, since you're kinda a newbie here...4404 is a retired technician...really knows his stuff. You can take his advice as gospel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Harmonic balancer. Ford part is not the greatest. Look for aftermarket with SFI 18-1 approval. $200 and up. Try Summit racing or Jegs.
What is SFI 18-1 approval? I was recommended this kit, price seems fair and has a lifetime warranty, thought?

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Here's the SFI specifications:

Essentially, it's a test procedure that shows the part has been tested under certain conditions and passed the requirements set up by the specification. The 18.1 spec shows that it has to spin at 12,500-13,500rpm for an hour without failure. SFI has many other specs covering just about every car part used in racing.

The harmonic balancer (damper) for an '08/'09 Bullitt is different than a regular GT of the same years. It was changed as part of their effort to increase the redline from 6250 to 6500. I believe the '10 GT also used the larger balancer. Most if not all aftermarket dampers are shown as '05-'10 replacements and don't acknowledge the original size difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts