Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I had the 373 gear install I have missed the low end sound of the car. Additionally, I can't really tell the difference in acceleration which is probably my fault but maybe I also expected to see a much greater difference than is realistic. Additionally, I am getting noise (clattering) in the rear when turning in a tight circle in neutral. Well anyway, I am considering having the original 327s reinstalled with new installation kit. The original 327s only had only 16K on them and looked perfect when they came out. I know there had to be some "wear in" (not sure if that is correct term), but I am thinking they would be okay. Any thoughts on this.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Going back to your stock gears should be fine. If they are really clattering, do you have any recourse with the place where you had them installed?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No recourse. It was done by a private guy who is a Ford mechanic but he did it on a weekend at a friend's garage. He would redo them but I am not sure he is still available.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I am really happy with the 327 gears in my Bullitt. Keep the 373 if you go to the track alot if not put the 327s back it.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
For the chattering I would try adding a container of friction modifier, it sounds like it wasn't put in when the gears were installed. Cheap test anyway.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Gears/chatter

Barnaby said:
For the chattering I would try adding a container of friction modifier, it sounds like it wasn't put in when the gears were installed. Cheap test anyway.
I agree with Barnaby, add some friction modifier in first. Afterwards, go to a big parking lot and do about 10 right hand circles and then do about 10 left hand circles. This will lubricate the clutch paks.

I took out 4.10 gears and put the stock 3.27s back in 4664. With 4.10s I didn't even need a 1st gear. I will likely put in some 3.55 gears this spring to match up with the T56 trans tall 1st gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts