Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for something I can put on areas of the car to protect it when going to car shows. Did web search and found the clear static film at http://www.cleartastic.com/learnmore.html
The web page says you can take it off and reuse it and that it will not harm the paint. I am wondering if this is the same material some of us got from Collin to cover our holograms. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Dennis, yes the Cleartastic is the material that I used to make the hologram protectors. I had ordered Cleartastic sheets (for the appropriate model year Mustang) designed to be installed aft of the rear wheels. I traced the hologram ovals on the Cleartastic paper backing using a template and then cut the hologram ovals out using scissors.
:)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Collin is the benevolent diety of the Cleartastic sticker!! mine still looks fantastic to this day!

i would like to know how it holds up in the rear (aft of the tires, that is) to the more abrasive daily wear and such... still well-protected?

shaun

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
We use clearastic on our true blue. For long road trips, we apply the blue painter's tape to the front bumper, front couple of inches of the hood, behind the tires and inside that side scoop. It's easy to apply and easy to remove. The cleartastic works but you can see the line it on it's edge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts