Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just added a gauge overlay as I wanted to clean all the dust out anyway.
Now it's back together I can see I have quite a big gap around the reset button.
I am going to put an o ring around it BUT should there be a rubber seal or similar there???

Can you check your cars, have I got a part missing ?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Nothing in mine. Just a hole with the trip button kind of off center. Room for bugs to crawl in and die. I don't think there was Zero tolerance for those 2 pieces to come together in the assembly process...

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim5081 said:
Nothing in mine. Just a hole with the trip button kind of off center. Room for bugs to crawl in and die. I don't think there was Zero tolerance for those 2 pieces to come together in the assembly process...
Thanks, Ok I see if anybody else has the same and I will check out a small mod adding an O ring.
If it works I will post the size etc as it will cut down dirt dust and bugs getting in there.
Mine is a very generous hole.

Bob

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Jim5081 said:
Same here.

The gap is monsterous.

Mobile roach motel with a view.

:py1:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Yep there is a space around the reset button. I don't know if the plastic expands much with the heat.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
The gap on mine is not that large. I mean, there is a gap but it doesn't look as bad as some. I'll take a picture of it when I get home, if no one else has by then.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
It's a Ford. Big gaps are normal. You should see the gap on the right side of my dash,where it meets the A-pillar. Needs to be raised up a bit.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gap Fix

Thanks guys. I have just put a rubber O ring around it to seal it off a bit
It's 9 m/m diameter or 3/8th inck inside dia. You can hardy see it yet it seals it off nicely & looks factory.

You can probably get a pack of them for about 10 cents.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Hey Bob,

Let's see a pic! I've thought about doing that myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts