Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called 3 ford dealers in the DFW area. 2, including the one I bought it from, said they would do no modification work. The other quoted $1300 parts and labour to install the 3.73 gears!

How much should this cost & why won't these dealers do this?

·
Registered
467 Posts
If you have a howling sound from your rear axle. Ford will have to (under warranty) remove your gear set and reshim to adjust (BTW put these ford gears in instead) OK hey keep the old set for your trouble thanks. I bet I hear your pinion gear howling now from here. Its in second its at 3000 rpm I can hear it GET IT

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Llama, Dallas Mustang Parts does that too! genuine Ford parts also(if you want) that's where Crimecrusher got his 3.73's installed. he lives down in Georgetown. you should email him(he's in member list)and ask him how it went for him at DMP!!!!!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DMP has the gears listed for 195.95. I emailed them and asked about installing all of the mods, 'cept the densecharger. I think I can handle that one :wink:
It would be nice to just drop the car off stock and pick it up later will ALL the mods complete and a before and after dyno for each mod. Now I just gotta start saving some money :cool:

Mods selected:
Densecharger
Aluminum Drive Shaft
3.73 gears
Bassanni X-pipe with cats
Dallas mustang dyno tuned chip

Whatcha think?

Bone Bare Stock

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2001-09-04 18:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
568 Posts
I pick up my Caprice from a local rear-end shop tomorrow. I gave the guy all the bearings, races, seals, fluids, and ring & pinion. Total price for labor is $230. Basically, if you're not swapping the carrier, there's really not too much labor. Concerning the Bullitt, my dealer said labor should run between $250-$300. Figure $200 for the ring & pinion & another $100 for everything else & total cost should fall around $600. Most shops in the Upstate NY area charge between $45-$53 per hour. Bottom line, your dealer is asking an arm & a leg.

01 Bullitt #1697
94 Caprice 9C1
85 Mustang GT
80 F250
70 Monte Carlo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rancorkeeper on 2001-09-04 21:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what I thought also! Damn dirty dealers. :mad:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2001-09-04 21:54 ]</font>

·
Registered
51 Posts
llama, excellent choice for your first round of mods. Everything you have listed will give you a good gain, and if doing them all at once, will give you an excellent SOTP feel. The only thing I would personally change is the gears to 4.10's if you don't do much highway driving. Also maybe get a set of the Steeda underdrives and the Steeda shifter. Great choices.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dallas Mustang said they would install either the 3.73s or the 4.10s for $400, parts AND labor!

·
Registered
51 Posts
The only other thing I would look at when I do gears is the Speedcal. DMP can do it for around $150 parts and labor. But then again you can wait until you get all the mods done and the custom chip can take care of it when they burn it for you.

So for me the gears and custom chip would be two of the later mods I would do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts