Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have had my car insured by Hagarty for a few years and have been happy with them (I have never had a claim though). I decided to do a price check with a company called Heacock Classic Insurance. According to the MCA magazine Mustang Times, they (Heacock) are the official insurance of the Mustang Club of America, the Shelby American Club, and the SVOA clubs. So I get my quote from Heacock, and they are less than 1/2 of my premium from Hagarty, with the same coverage/limits. The only difference is I chose 3000 miles/year, where Hagarty did not have a milage limitation (I only drive it about 1,500/year anyway). I decided to switch to Heacock.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
:dhg01: My Hagerty's policy renews in June so this has my attention. Did they do agreed value like Hagerty's?
How much more would the premium be if you had a higher mileage allowance?

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
I've had Heacock for several months now. I think it was $252 for the year and an agreed upon value of $18,000 for me.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Heacock here also.

MCA Discount. All my collector car's I have had. and my show cars are with them.

Excellent service, and they care about your mods. and agree value is included due to mods added.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MaineBullitt said:
:dhg01: My Hagerty's policy renews in June so this has my attention. Did they do agreed value like Hagerty's?
How much more would the premium be if you had a higher mileage allowance?
Yes, it's agreed value, just like my Hagarty policy was.

As far as the mialage question, you would need to contact them at 800-678-5173. I have been dealing with Angela there.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Bullitt4204 said:
Yes, it's agreed value, just like my Hagarty policy was.

As far as the mialage question, you would need to contact them at 800-678-5173. I have been dealing with Angela there.
Thanks Rick, I'll give them a try. :cool:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ol'Dave said:
Heacock here also.

MCA Discount. All my collector car's I have had. and my show cars are with them.

Excellent service, and they care about your mods. and agree value is included due to mods added.
Your right, they told me being a member of the MCA (which I am) is a big reason for the lower rate.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just called Angela at Heacock just now, and told her that she may be getting a few calls from the IMBOC family. She's been great with me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ok, this might be a dumb question, but I'll take the plunge:

Do these companies you guys are discussing only insure classic and/or collector cars? I've seen ads for both of them in the same mags, and have always wondered that.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
mysterio said:
Ok, this might be a dumb question, but I'll take the plunge:

Do these companies you guys are discussing only insure classic and/or collector cars? I've seen ads for both of them in the same mags, and have always wondered that.
I actually never asked about my daily driver because I need to keep it with State Farm as part of a package with my homeowners policy. I'm curious too though...

·
Registered
410 Posts
No. They will also insure yur car if you list it as a show car. Both my T-Birds, 02 & 04, are with them as Show Vehicles, along with my 64 Bird as a Classic. Mileage is limited, and "technically" so is usage. But should the worst occur: "I was headed to the Shop with it". The Family cars, Escape & P/U are under an Umbrella with my properties.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I had checked into it once and asked about occassionally driving the car to work... they said absolutely not. The car can basically only be used for car shows, gatherings, and cruises. No driving to work, the store, anything.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, this insurance is for pleasure driving only. No driving to work allowed. All I do is drive mine to car shows, cruise in's, and pleasure driving.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I had checked with Hagerty and Grundy, and got a much better deal from Grundy. I have the Bullitt with agreed value of $20k and my 1974 TVR at $17k. Even with 500k liability, its only $425 per year in the expensive state of CT for both. I don't think there is a mileage limit, but I don't put more than 2,000 miles on each anyways. I asked about driving to work occasionally (once a month or so) in a secured lot(before I was let go). I was told that occasional use was okay.
Bruce

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've talked to Heacock also. They quoted me around $250 a year for my Bullitt. Wondering how strict they are about the 3k per year mileage and "casual driving". That's what I currently pay for 6 mos. at my current insurance company.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Just got my quote from Heacock on 745 and with the MCA discount it is $250/yr!!!:eek: Even without the discount it would have only been $409/yr which is about half of what it was with our regular insurance. $20k value, less than 3,000 miles a year, stored in a secured building, no racing, yadda yadda yadda. Pretty good deal. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My Heacock insurance started yesterday! Nice savings for sure!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts