Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with the head gasket?I am on my 2nd one.The driver side head gasket is leaking again.Not sure if the Ford tech did this wrong .I am waiting to hear back if the head has a defect.If so the service writer mentioned having an new engine installed .Said it would be cheaper plus Ford will warranty it 3yrs or 75 k miles.I had 1mo left on extended warranty.BTW I took it to a different Dealer since it had been over a year.Not sure I trust the same person again.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I had an intake gasket go bad, no head gasket problems. Hopefully you can get everything straightened away.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully.I pick it up tomorrow.Ford will warranty it for 1yr.Not sure if I should hold on to it.Maybe someone can give me some inside of why it happen the 2nd time.The tech could not find anything wrong with the head.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
was the head and/or block checked for straightness??

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tech said everything was within spec.He said it was more common on the 3.8L vs. the 4.6L.I asked if I should get rid of it and said no.It's just one of those things.Lucky for me I had warranty.The bill was $2500 .Ouch!!!He said he would take a look at it again the next oil change.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually that included both cylinder head gaskets ,both valve rocker arm covers,intake manifold gasket,antifreeze oil & filter.

The labor alone was $1927.00 which included checking the heads diag. oil die test ,R&R timing cover valve cover & intake gaskets cleaned assembled and retest.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Both head askets replaced at 4,000 miles

I had both head gaskets replaced by the dealer at 4,000 miles. Oil was dripping on exhaust manifolds. Everything OK until yesteday when I noticed a small pool of oil on top of the block. Can't see where it may be coming from, but suspect from the driver's side head. Will keep a watchful eye on it over the next few months. I hope it has been there since the head gaskets were replaced several years ago, but only time will tell.

Had a friend with a 2000 Crown Vic with 4.6 that had the same problem at 7,500 miles. This is not an unusual problem.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
My CVPI has 140,000 miles and no head gasket issues.... I did have the old plastic intake changed to the new and improved one

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Having had this happen twice I am definitely leaning towards selling and buying the 08 Bullitt .I hope it will be as much of a joy to drive as this one.It will be very hard to give up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts