Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to get new headlights since the lenses on mine are cracking/plastic glue is peeling on the inside. I saw the blacked out ones on Amer. Muscle with the amber light and the ones with the smoked lenses/clear light. I was hoping to get some pics from you guys so i can see which ones would look better.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
How old are replacement headlight assmy of yours Charles?

I hear from others here and elsewhere that the non-Ford parts aren't coated with protective film to sheild them from the sand, bugs and other debris...

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
DavidMidgley said:

I hear from others here and elsewhere that the non-Ford parts aren't coated with protective film to sheild them from the sand, bugs and other debris...
David,

I haven't noticed any difference in the longevity of aftermarket versus factory headlights. They both seem to go about 2 years before they're completely fugly. I was looking in my garage yesterday and I have 3 sets in there, plus one set on the car, of course.

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
DavidMidgley said:

I think I got them in 2005. they have held up very well. The do get a little condensation afetr a good thorough wash sometimes but dry right up. AM has detailed directions on how to seal them better. Other than that, the quality has been very good.

The picture you see is one year old and they still look as good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.