Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about getting some Flowtech Headers since my friend said he could get them for me 20% off. Got some questions bout them though.. Anyone know the exact model I need to get for the Bullitt and the matching H/X midpipe for it?(I think its an X). Anyone like these headers? I heard they are the best bang for buck(especially at a cheaper price :wink:) Also, what about the cats? I don't really mind not having them but is there a way to keep them or possibly a midpipe with them? Afterall, its my DD. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
If you must do headers i'd go with a better name brand......BUT in my honest opinion having done this myslef, unless the motor is coming out of the car or your already making some serious power and the stock manifolds are choking the car, dont even bother, its a real PITA.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, really? that sucks. Actually, Im trying to get some more bolt ons before i get tuned. All I got engine wise is a JLT and some Steeda Pullies. Granted I got a totally reworked transmission. I am plannin on gears but I wanted to get more outta the engine itself now. Just figured Headers would be a no brainer.. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
The header issue has been talked about on here before. Everyone that has installed them talk about what a pain it is, although I can not remember exactly, I believe the hp gain was only 10-15 hp. After my Vortech install I thought about headers until I read all the posts about them and the minimal gains. Only way I would install them--if I was building for all out race car and wanted to squeeze every last hp I could. As said by the Cat above, get the best if you are going to do this.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
+1 with what Pete said. After having put them on myself, I was pleasantly let down with the results. Not worth the expense (even on sale) or the hassle for the very small gains. My .02

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I like my headers alot. I gained about 30hp-35hp with tune and full exhaust over my current mods. If you can get a hold of a car lift them I would say go for it just make sure you have a friend with you it takes about 8hrs or so. If you can't get use of a car lift I would say save and have some on else do it. Oh I learned the hard way to go ahead and change you motor mounts while the headers are out because it is a near impossible feat to get them in once the Lt are on.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know a good shop that I can trust that can do the job, I just don't know how much. I was lookin at BBK long tubes with an X pipe. How about having O/R or not? What difference do the cats make? with/without?(except of course keeping it legal)

·
Registered
318 Posts
SLP, you get what you pay for. I've heard 25hp at the wheels with fantastic fit and finish. They also come with merge collectors, overall a VERY nice header.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, Everyone seems to have a different favorite. Anyone have any part numbers on those brands so I can check them out or possible hear a demo of how they sound?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Kooks, stainless steel works, edelbrock, slp, bassani, jba and hooker are the ones that I really like. Those all make really good hp bbk are a good choice for a decent header the stainless are the ones that last the longest. I have the bassani that are steel with jethot coating are whatever they put on them and it is starting to burn off so almost time to recoat or buy a different brand of headers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.