Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone running shorty headers?
Is there such a thing,like custom built headers that can be installed on our bullitts , I would want to leave my stock H-pipe alone.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
while we are on headers, need help on what product to use to clean silver cermaic and get soom luster back in them. Counting on you guys Thanks John

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are they not just tuned exhaust manifolds ?
I don't know if a shorty JBA or Ford racing shorty would benefit us much in the sound department. I know it wouldn't do nothing for the hp!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
No hp gain about the same sound ,But look great. These are the jba shortys

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Well, I cannot speak to them as far as the Bullitt, but on my 05, they made a substancial difference. Yes, I know we are talking H vs X pipe, but on my 05, they deepened the exhaust note a bit, elevated the volume a couple of decibals, and add the distinctive "header tappity tappity" at idol....And they look so much better than the rusty stock exhaust. I went with silver ceramic coated JBA's and after this pic was taken, added black powder coated cam covers....

I respectfully disagree about no HP gains as well. While I have no dyno sheets before and after, when I added the shortys, UDP's, and delete plates to my 05, I am guessing a gain of about 25 or so HP. I figure the UDP's and deletes for about 15 or so, so I am guessing about 10 for the shortys. Also, mid-range torque has improved with the shortys....JMO of course.....

Mike

·
Registered
168 Posts
I know this might be the right place to say but...
I have a pair of Ford Racing shorty headers I never used and will never use. So, If anyone is interested, make me an offer. I am going to go with long tubes in the next month or so. And in addition, I will hopefully order a KB S/C kit in the next coupla weeks or so...

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
cpd0924 said:
mike awhat do you clean them with
Hello,
Honestly, I have never had to, so far. But, I would plus one on Simple Green. Simple Green is my new best friend for engine cleaning. We just traded Karen's Escape two weeks ago for the Bullitt. It was almost three years old, and I am embarassed to say that I did not keep the engine bay up, knowing it was a lease...Well, a week before we traded, I warmed the engine a bit, sprayed the whole thing down with a shower of water, then a good spritz of Simple Green everywhere. Let it sit for about 10 minutes, shower rinsed, and then wiped down. Absolutely looked better than from the showroom floor.....

The stuff is amazing, and fairly cheap.....

Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know this might be the right place to say but...
I have a pair of Ford Racing shorty headers I never used and will never use. So, If anyone is interested, make me an offer. I am going to go with long tubes in the next month or so. And in addition, I will hopefully order a KB S/C kit in the next coupla weeks or so...
How much?

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would be interested in the FMR shorties, let me know if they are still available.thanks low91207

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Oh you '08 Bullitt owners are so lucky,you get to actually SEE those headers ,that we pay so much for, when you open the hood.
Us '01 guys have to lay mirrors out under the car!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
GOT OATZ said:
Well, I cannot speak to them as far as the Bullitt, but on my 05, they made a substancial difference. Yes, I know we are talking H vs X pipe, but on my 05, they deepened the exhaust note a bit, elevated the volume a couple of decibals, and add the distinctive "header tappity tappity" at idol....And they look so much better than the rusty stock exhaust. I went with silver ceramic coated JBA's and after this pic was taken, added black powder coated cam covers....

I respectfully disagree about no HP gains as well. While I have no dyno sheets before and after, when I added the shortys, UDP's, and delete plates to my 05, I am guessing a gain of about 25 or so HP. I figure the UDP's and deletes for about 15 or so, so I am guessing about 10 for the shortys. Also, mid-range torque has improved with the shortys....JMO of course.....

Mike

Hey Mike,

Your (opinion) is OK with Me Big Guy :smile: :smile: :smile:

I'm looking into some Shorty's for my 08 Bullitt. Don't want to change any of the

Stock Exhaust.

I'm kinda leaning to wards the Mac Shorty Headers as they Bolt right to the

Stock Exhaust with No other Mods necessary. 1 3/4" Ceramic Coated from Brenspeed.

Mac 1 3/4" Ceramic Coated Headers:

Mac shorty style headers are high quality at a great price.

They fit great and have a ceramic style coating.
The 2.5" collector will bolt directly onto the stock
or any aftermarket stock replacement mid pipe.

FEATURES :
1 3/4" Primary Tubes
Mac Ceramic Coating
Includes necessary installation hardware
Check out our high quality header gaskets! Gaskets not included.

We shall see..........

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Hey Mike,

Your (opinion) is OK with Me Big Guy :smile: :smile: :smile:

I'm looking into some Shorty's for my 08 Bullitt. Don't want to change any of the

Stock Exhaust.

I'm kinda leaning to wards the Mac Shorty Headers as they Bolt right to the

Stock Exhaust with No other Mods necessary. 1 3/4" Ceramic Coated from Brenspeed.

Mac 1 3/4" Ceramic Coated Headers:

Mac shorty style headers are high quality at a great price.

They fit great and have a ceramic style coating.
The 2.5" collector will bolt directly onto the stock
or any aftermarket stock replacement mid pipe.

FEATURES :
1 3/4" Primary Tubes
Mac Ceramic Coating
Includes necessary installation hardware
Check out our high quality header gaskets! Gaskets not included.

We shall see..........

tigerhonaker
Howdy Terry,

Most shortys will bolt right up. You may want to double check on the Macs...I am not positive that they are equal length shortys. I would definitely go with ceramic coated, but with the minimal HP gains with shortys, don't short change yourself by not going equal length.....

JMO,
Mike

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
GOT OATZ said:
Howdy Terry,

Most shortys will bolt right up. You may want to double check on the Macs...I am not positive that they are equal length shortys. I would definitely go with ceramic coated, but with the minimal HP gains with shortys, don't short change yourself by not going equal length.....

JMO,
Mike
Mike,

You are 100% Correct........

I'm aware of that also.......

Have to make sure when I get ready to do them.........

Equal Length is in :cool: :cool: :cool:

As always, Thanks for the Heads-Up though :wink:

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
735 Posts
cpd0924 said:
while we are on headers, need help on what product to use to clean silver cermaic and get soom luster back in them. Counting on you guys Thanks John
I would probably try Ceramabryte , or any other product made for cleaning glass stove tops , It seems mildly abrasive , similar to Soft Scrub , and does wonders on my stainless steel sink

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.