Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about some headers. Im thinking midlength Macs or kooks. Would I need to change our stock h pipe if I go with midlength headers? I kinda want to keep the stock H on.

·
Registered
317 Posts
With the Kooks you will. At least thats what the installer I had some quoted with said.

I didnt get them.

·
Registered
419 Posts
As one of those in the LT Header Club (LTHC):lol: you will not miss a thing...I promise. I went with Kooks because of the reputation they have; however, I know that American Racing Headers are also considered one of the top choices when it comes to construction/ quality.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just started thinking if I end up paying someone to do the install instead of doing it my self I might as well get the most out of it. But it seems like the H pip is what gives it that "bullitt" sound.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yes you would have to change the H-pipe when putting on midlength or full long tube headers. You could use the stock H-pipe with shorties. You could go with midlengths buy there h-pipe and block, or delete the cross over for a similar effect.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have a 4.6 dyno test book and it showed about 5 flywheel horsepower on a stock engine if I remember correctly that was a 2v not the 3v. I dont think there would be much differance in hp, but fit and finish between brands definately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.