Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a search on headlamps, and it appears alot are being replaced for fogging up, mine isn't doing that, but is getting crazed (tiny cracks) on the lense (it is OK under the bonnet). Can this be removed or is the only answer to replace the headlamp?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I saw this link on the UK Mustang owners club, if I need to buy new lights I was thinking about getting the standard looking ones, but with clear sides rather than amber reflectors as we don't need these in the UK, does anyone know if these are better quality than the standard ones as everybody seams to be having problems with the Ford ones? http://www.mrbodykit.com/lights/99mustanglights.htm

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I replaced mine with new ford units. My old ones had wind burn on the outside. I ended up keeping them hoping to get time to try to sand and buff them. They are still in the basement.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've sanded and buffed out the one's on my wife's 00 GT without issue. There are any number of plastic sealants available to help prevent them from crazing and fogging again. It takes a bit of time and elbow grease, but it's better than spending a couple hundred bucks on new ones.

K

·
Registered
305 Posts
Kempesh said:
I've sanded and buffed out the one's on my wife's 00 GT without issue. There are any number of plastic sealants available to help prevent them from crazing and fogging again. It takes a bit of time and elbow grease, but it's better than spending a couple hundred bucks on new ones.

K
can you provide a little more deatil......that's what I need to do to mine.

I hate to buy new ones if they are going to do the same thing again.

Thanks

Big Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.