Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my car "clean" the other day and noticied right away that I have spots on the inside of my headlight lenses. Is there an easy fix for this or is it a dealer/warranty issue?

Driver's side power window, isn't it supposed to have the "one touch down" feature? My '00 GT did, but my Bullitt does not. Is it broken or just non-existant?

·
Registered
724 Posts
There's a couple of threads on the headlight issue - I personally have mine on order right now. Hopefully they will come in clean. As for the "one touch" power window you should have that in the Bullitt. I don't know about everybody else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-10-17 22:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
257 Posts
For the windows, on mine it depends how you push the button. If I push it down hard it only goes down as long as I hold it. If I give it a little soft push it goes all the way down. Anyway thats how it works for me.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,024 Posts
Same here Bruce. She goes all the way down (window, that is) :-B when you just tap it lightly and let up.

Vicki :grin:

7,020 Posts
Having the same problem with DHG 1005 headlights spotting on the inside of the outer lens. DHG 1005 has only been washed once at the dealership the day I picked it up. Going in for first 3,000 mi. check up and oil change soon, I will get it fixed and find out why it is happening. (4) BULLITT's were at a car show last week an (2) of them are having the same problem both about six monhts old the other (2) did not but were only one month old. After check up will let you all know what the dealership said and did to fix the problem.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's a warranty covered issue. Mine are on order and will probably be in tomorrow. It's amazing they don't keep these things in stock, particularly since it is a known problem. But like one of the mechanics told me when I was at the dealer last time to get this taken care of, "We don't carry every little itty bitty part for every car in stock, you know." He was right, there's no reason to delight the customer, is there?

·
Registered
821 Posts
I apologize if this has already been asked or discussed, but I'm still fairly new. Is it "normal" to have rattles and vibrations in this new of a car? I have 100 miles on #4841. I've never had a car quite like this, with "muscle", so I'm not sure if I'm just nitpicking, or if it's not normal? Also, my drivers door is pretty clunky when I close it, not a soft "thud" like the passenger door, but more rattly, like it's falling apart. Just wondering if anybody else has had or does have this problem?? I know, pretty minor compared to some of the problems I've read about, but heck, for being brand new, I expect more. Don't get me wrong, I love #4841 with all my heart! heehee But, I still wish there weren't some of the things wrong with it that there seems to be.

:smile:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quick update, the "one touch down" feature on the driver's window is working after all. Chalk that one up to operator error, I just wasn't pressing the button properly.

As for the headlights, their on my list of things for the dealer to fix when it goes in for the first service... probably next week.

I'm up to 400 miles on it now. Overall the car is excellent, no "real" problems at all and very fast.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,024 Posts
Dona, I don't think the door is suppose to close like that. When you take her back for a "check up" mark that one down for them to look at and fix under warranty. Look the car over carefully before you take her in and jot down anything else that concerns you while it is there to get fixed!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Karl, mine have been spotted since day one.
will persue it when i next take her in for other warranty issues

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Karl,
The headlight problem is from the super glue they use to put the lenses together. It does not show up right away it takes a while. That is why people thought they were ok and then later found they had the spots. They look like big hard water spots, kind on the foggy white side. If you ever saw superglue on plexiglass then that is what it looks like.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Thanks Vicki, I'm going to start a list!!!!

:smile:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have a few "little" problems like rattles, a chip in the door, wheel and caliper, scratches on the underside of the hood directly above headlight and a window sill that sticks out a bit to far. I don't like anyone touching my car but me (dealer wise). The reason being is(I speak from experience) it seems when you take your car in for a minor repair say a chip on your door and they need to repaint it, it won't match. Or, you get a rattle in your dash, they fix the rattle, but then your dash plastic gets scuffed up in the process. So I have learned to build up a "tollerance level". I also noticed the headlights and that was where my "tollerance level" was broke. I took it to the dealer and pointed everything out. Asked for touch up paint and wanted the lights fixed. They said sorry about everything and ordered the lights. When I had them installed, guess what? They also had spots. So we ended up taking a walk to other Mustangs on the lot and they ALL had them!!! I gave up on the spot! They win that round. That night driving home from work, they were all over the road and out of adjustment. The adjustment screw is right there on top so I was able to re adjust them. Looks like I need more "tollerance level". Imagine my suprise when I finally saw another Bullitt and noticed it had the special Bullitt rocker sills that mine didn't!
When I see for myself that they have fixed the spotted headlight problem I will throw a gripe and have them replaced. When my rocker sills come in, they will install them (I am getting fog lights installed for my extreme patience and understanding). Hopefully the car holds up and no more dealers. I guess what I am trying to say is make sure you think through what you want done, the possible reprocussions and your time involved getting it done. However, I think it is a great car and Ford produces a good overall product. I am still very happy. Thats saying something. Good job Ford!
BB00797
"No, No, No, Said Chicken Lickin"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts