Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find replacement Head Lights, 3rd Brake Light and the screws for the gas cap assembly?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Do you need the entire headlight assembly? If so, speak to Randy Stitchcomb over at Modularfords.com. He works for Liberty Ford (i think) in MD and hooks the mustang community up with genuine ford parts. I got a new set for $179, i think it was.

There was a thread started not too long ago about a vendor getting new stainless screws for the gas cap.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
The Oil Xchange has a process to restore the headlamps of cars that are hazy/crazy/or weathered. They do the treatment to the exterior of the lamp housing and then apply a film to the outside that is supposed to work better and be more resistant to deterioration. I don't know how well it works, or what it looks like. But I would bet that it is available elsewhere. Maybe call around. It's like $29.99or maybe 39.99at the lube place and has a guarantee. Seems like a resonable alternative to me...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got new headlights from AmericanMuscle.com for 199.99, not cheap I know, but they are the Smoked with Clear Corners (make sure your turn signal light bulbs are yellow) and improved the front view of the car tremendiously from the hazed originals.

:question: Has anyone tried the Meguiars plastic RX yet? I was thinking about trying it for the 3rd brake light and to keep the new headlights from getting hazed.

:question: Anyone have any other suggestions on how to keep new ones looking new?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the replies!

I found the Smoked Headlights and 3rd brake light over at www.blueovalindustries.com
$125 for the headlights and $80 for the 3rd brake light.

I found a set of 4 floor mats with embroirded Ponys over at www.mcrparts.com for $99. That will cover the two bald spots in the carpet behind the driver's seat.

Got a new set of BULLITT letters for $18 over at www.gefracing.com/bullitt/bullitt.htm to replace the crooked "U".

Only thing left are the screws for the fuel door.

·
Registered
710 Posts
HisPony, I will try and dig up the email address for the guy several members got the fuel door screws from if you would like.

·
Registered
325 Posts
HisPony said:
Thanks for all of the replies!

I Got a new set of BULLITT letters for $18 over at www.gefracing.com/bullitt/bullitt.htm to replace the crooked "U".

Only thing left are the screws for the fuel door.
I know it's too late to save your money, but I got the Bullitt letters from GEF racing a few months ago. Got HOSED on the shipping/handling (your total will be double that)...

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jeff Laughhunn said:
I know it's too late to save your money, but I got the Bullitt letters from GEF racing a few months ago. Got HOSED on the shipping/handling (your total will be double that)...
I noticed that AFTER I hit the submit button. $17.95 for the letters and $19.95 shipping?!?!

Anyone know of another place to get the letters?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
HisPony said:
I noticed that AFTER I hit the submit button. $17.95 for the letters and $19.95 shipping?!?!

Anyone know of another place to get the letters?
There is a vendor on ebay. I bid on one set but lost at the last minute to another bidder. There were only two of us bidding... I think they sold for $10. And about the same for shipping. Roughly half of what you are looking at.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DavidMidgley said:
There is a vendor on ebay. I bid on one set but lost at the last minute to another bidder. There were only two of us bidding... I think they sold for $10. And about the same for shipping. Roughly half of what you are looking at.
Thanks, I stay away from ebay. Just don't feel comfortable with the site.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Did you look at 50Resto? They have them, but the letters are $19.95. I don't know about shipping...

Just looked at ebay also, there are none listed anyway.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I went by my Oil Xchange dealer. The headlight product that they sell is a treatment of sanding and sealing the headlights with a polymer coating applied with a brush. Guaranteed for the life of the lamp assembly. It is a Goodyear product and they are they authorized vendor in the area. $69.95 + tax. They had a car in the shop that he just finished doing the headlights on and it looks good. I wonder about the durability. The dealer claims that the uv light does not affect the polymer coating as it does plastic.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Old Mustanger said:
:question: Has anyone tried the Meguiars plastic RX yet? I was thinking about trying it for the 3rd brake light and to keep the new headlights from getting hazed.
I use PlastX on my headlights and tails every couple weeks. They seem to water spot real bad and the PlastX cleans them right up. It is a very nice product.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts