Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Headlights, loan cars and 'natural clunk' in the tranny

567 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  byronyamada 
#1 ·
Here's another rant. Misery loves company.

Took #362 to the shop for the promised repairs. Dents, scratches, etc are to be fixed. The bodyguy said I should let the service guys take it first.

Pointed out the headlights. Service guy said they're all like that. People are complaining but he said any new headlights he gets in will be as bad or worse. I said it'll get replaced when the good ones come in.

Then the tranny- he drove it and said it was just driveline slack. If I get under the car and find -any- bolt less than tight, I'll let them know about it.

THEN he expects me to ride a van to my house. The car is in their hands all week and I don't get a car? It was their fault the damn car was dented! He started asking who said I was getting a loancar. I said the sales GM was the guy who made these appointments. He pulled some attitide and huffed that he'll get me a car.

Now I have a mitsubusho (whatever).

I may not have bought a Rolls Royce, but they should act in a civil manner.

See less See more
#2 ·
I dont get dealers on the whole loaner thing.... When I had my Jetta.. it was a squeak in the dash they always said they fixed then like 30 minutes later.. it would start squeaking again. So I took it and rose holly hell and told them to keep it untill it was fixed. They would not give a loaner car. Told them I had an important business meeting in 30 minutes and flipped out.... only then did they give me the biggest piece of sh*t on the lot. The funny part is, it turned into a blessing in desiguse becouse I ran over a big parking curb I did not see.. and did some damage to the undercarrage on the rental.

Doug

#3 ·
I have the car back... and I'm pulling my hair out.

I got a call from the shop who said my car was done. They also said the warranty company was giving only 1 day for the rental.

Meaning I needed to return it tomorrow morning. Link hell I'm going to take more time off to go over there. Dammit!!

I said the car needed detailing and body repair. He said I needed to go thru the bodyshop and get the car thru them.

I just went to get the car. I'm pretty damn disgusted with the whole situation. The bodyguy left at 6pm and I really didn't want to fool with anyone else.

I have to get the body work done thru the dealer since they were the ones who dented it in the first place. I'm calling the bodyguy tomorrow, and maybe the Sales GM again.

I just want an undented, unscratched car.

BTW- the service guy had someone else look at the tranny and said it was normal. I'm going right now to see if the bolts are tight.

#4 ·
Black #362, Welcome to Hotel California where u can check in but never check out !!!!
At least that is the way it seems with dealers! I commend the Bullitt owners out there that have good service departments but however I am not one of them! My dealer acts if they are doing me a favor to fix a car that I spent 28000 dollars on! Oh well i can be as nasty as they are if that is what they want and frankly i dont give a crap! u treat me with respect and i will gladly return it!
If u dont u get what u dish! And that is my 1 cents worth ! Thanx Havgunwiltrav #1676

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.