Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Mine came from ebay, but can't remember who from.

There was a post on here where someone with smoked lenses reported their light output was poorer, so if you drive at night, just get the clear lense.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I just bought some smoke headlights. Came in the mail a couple of days ago. Thye look of good quality. I havent taken off the old ones yes to compare. I'm going to do an addtional coating on the lights to help with the UV protection. BTW I got mine on EBAY for $103 shipped.
Chad

·
Registered
937 Posts
I ordered some aftermarket smoked headlights from American Muscle and the black seal came loose and was flapping / hitting my passenger fender at aprox 75-85mph.... Fitment is slightly poor compared to the stock lenses.

I am pretty sure others have had this problem too. So be prepared... some of these just dont fit like the stock ones.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
I have had approximately 5 pair of headlights for my car. In my experience, the aftermarket are really no worse than factory Ford. If you can get 2 years out of a set before they start clouding/cracking/whatever, you're doing good.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
BigBullitt said:
I have had approximately 5 pair of headlights for my car. In my experience, the aftermarket are really no worse than factory Ford. If you can get 2 years out of a set before they start clouding/cracking/whatever, you're doing good.
Not very encouraging to step up to FORD OE ones. I can get a discount from a guy I know who works at a dealer. I have been thinking about a change because of the crap originals have those defective internal spots. Maybe I'll just live with them and just call them a not cool FORD thing, as you can tell by this comment I'm not happy about the condition of them with very little use and or exposure.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Bullistic said:
Not very encouraging to step up to FORD OE ones. I can get a discount from a guy I know who works at a dealer. I have been thinking about a change because of the crap originals have those defective internal spots. Maybe I'll just live with them and just call them a not cool FORD thing, as you can tell by this comment I'm not happy about the condition of them with very little use and or exposure.
You're one of the unfortunate early number cars like myself. The glue fogged horribly. Later numbered cars weren't as bad IIRC. They still weren't the greatest quality though.

I believe Bullitt4204 (Rick) said he priced new Ford OEM headlights thru Tousley Ford at $160+/-. Supposed they are better now. I cant't say. I can say my aftermarket one's have lasted longer but do not fit as well. They are also starting to condensate inside.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
You're one of the unfortunate early number cars like myself. The glue fogged horribly. Later numbered cars weren't as bad IIRC. They still weren't the greatest quality though.

I believe Bullitt4204 (Rick) said he priced new Ford OEM headlights thru Tousley Ford at $160+/-. Supposed they are better now. I cant't say. I can say my aftermarket one's have lasted longer but do not fit as well. They are also starting to condensate inside.
Thanks for the responce Charles; I'm just debateing about buyine new OE ones. As I read a post by BULLITT4204 (RICK) RE headlights, I can get OE ones here also for $190 /set compaired to TOUSLEY FORD $160 + shipping cost etc. I don't know how much shipping would be so probably just get them here. Do you or anyone-(Rick) know if the new OE ones stil have the two lines (detail) on the bottom of the lense. I may repost this question on FAQ, as you know I'm into original look. Ron
PS Maybe some day I can hang with you guys at A parking lot party, what time was that 4am? way past my bead time. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts