Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold the Bullitt a couple months back and moved to the dark side ... Mach 1. Medical issues dictated an automatic trans. Anyhow, on the Mach 1 Registry there were references to embroidered headrests. Sent mine in and WOW ... they are just awesome. Thought folks over here might want to do this to their Bullitt(s). I do not believe he has a Bullitt template but he surely could make one. This work is totally first class and looks awesome. Done by Grant at Custom Embroidery Works - College Station, TX. [email protected] HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
This topic has came up several times i believe, even recently. But i dont think anyone has committed on getting this going. Maybe once I get the first orders on our Bullitt plates from the new printer I'll check into this. I was interested the last time, but I never saw any developments with it. Thanks for the info.
 

·
Car Whisperer
Joined
·
20,881 Posts
I'm trying to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
BeachBullitt said:
Sold the Bullitt a couple months back and moved to the dark side ... Mach 1. Medical issues dictated an automatic trans. Anyhow, on the Mach 1 Registry there were references to embroidered headrests. Sent mine in and WOW ... they are just awesome. Thought folks over here might want to do this to their Bullitt(s). I do not believe he has a Bullitt template but he surely could make one. This work is totally first class and looks awesome. Done by Grant at Custom Embroidery Works - College Station, TX. [email protected] HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
I'll try to check in to this tomorrow. Sure is a nice way to enhance the interior. I might pass thru College Station at the end of the month in DHG 1276 and show Grant our door sill font and see what he could do. I'll look the number up and try to call tomorrow.

Thanks for bringing this suggestion in ... :~))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
Alright, we got someone down in Texas working on this, keep us up to date. Also anyone know how to get the headrest covers off. I havent taken a look yet, so just wondering how easy it is.

What color would this be done in? white?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
jp660605 said:
Alright, we got someone down in Texas working on this, keep us up to date. Also anyone know how to get the headrest covers off. I havent taken a look yet, so just wondering how easy it is.

What color would this be done in? white?
Just to let Yall know ... I will be calling Grant some time today.

I'll get him to explain what he needs us to do as far as getting the headrest to him, etc. so we will know just what exactly is all involved.

Personally ... I think SILVER would be a good color to do since it will go with the billet items Ford used to enhance our interior but I guess we could use any color we wanted.

One other idea ... if we didn't use the "BULLITT" logo on the headreasts maybe we could get our build number done instead (might be coyright restrictions on the name logo ... ???).

Please advise as to any suggestions. Looks like I will call this afternoon.

I'll make a point to ask how much things will cost if he has to change colors on a loom and go from there.

Catch Yall later today ... :~))
 

·
Car Whisperer
Joined
·
20,881 Posts
When I corresponded with Grant, it appeared he could do silver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Removing headrest leather is easy. Sit in back seat and push the headrest all the way forward. On bottom side on each side of metal seat bar, there is a folding "latch" sewn to the upholstery. If you push the two halves of the leather toward each other it will just pretty much pop loose. It's hard to describe but play with it a little and you'll see what I mean. Then pull the leather, with inside foam, straight up and off the metal inside structure. Pull the foam out of the leather and wahlah send it off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Had my Mach's headrest done by another fellow 2 years ago and still looks great.

I would highly recommend getting this type of work done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,090 Posts
I am very interested in this but I would want it to look very subtle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I want to get mine done, I just don't want to have to drop the 75 bucks to get the Bullitt logo digitzed. So if we get a group thing and we split the cost it should be better for all of us cause then no one takes the hit all to themselves
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
DragonBullitt said:
When I corresponded with Grant, it appeared he could do silver.
I tried calling today to two places in College Station I thought might be the right place(s); I called a 979-693-4645 and got a modem signal upon answer, then I called a 979-774-4853 ("You Name It Coustom Embroidery") and the man there said there was no Grant that worked there. I figured I had the wrong place.

I will do another search through another database and see if I can get either a better contact number and/or a e-mail address. If anyone has the correct number and/or e-mail address or website please post it on here.

I also thought about getting the serial number put on the headrests if the BULLITT logo is copyrighted and cannot be used ... (???) I was also wondering if the embroidery would look better on the back of the headrest as opposed to the front? Might also look at the number on the front part then "BULLITT" on the back ... (???)

If anyone has some suggestions as to size of letters, etc. please post it on here. I'll call first just to see what pricing and availability is and then go from there.

Laters ~ !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is where I sent my headrests:

Grant Banta
15220 Faircrest Drive
College Station, TX 77845
[email protected]

Hope this helps in finding him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Took these pics tonight. Sorry about the lighting. Craftmanship is superb. He stiched red (color of car) into Mach1 logo (instead of black). I would recommend you get silver with the 3 colors sewn as applicable. Would look awesome.







 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
Embroidery

That really looks good. Those photos are MUCH better. I think you're right; silver would be the best color. Might do "DHG 1276" on front and "BULLITT" on the back.

Thanks for the information. If you can supply a contact number it would be easier, otherwise I will try to find his number tomorrow afternoon.

THANKS ~ !!! :smile:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,218 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
That really looks good. Those photos are MUCH better. I think you're right; silver would be the best color. Might do "DHG 1276" on front and "BULLITT" on the back.

Thanks for the information. If you can supply a contact number it would be easier, otherwise I will try to find his number tomorrow afternoon.

THANKS ~ !!! :smile:
perhaps DHG 1276 on the passenger headrest and BULLITT on the driver's? Who really sees the back seat anyway! :) Just a thought...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,090 Posts
Bullitt on the driver headrest and car number on passenger headrest is great idea!!
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top